Icy Chain-link Divide

Icy Chain-link Divide

A Poem by Scott Lee
"

Something I wrote when I was in jail thinking of my friends and what they mean to me.

"

 

 

I gaze through Icy chain link with no armor

I burn to haunt you

My ghost a touch of fog on Iron Gate Lake

You stop to look but strong winds wisp me away before I get a chance to wave to you.

Fierce Ivy lives and grows inside my jungle soul

I curl up toward heaven, unable to reach it I stop at tree-tops waiting for you

My eyes dizzy from gazing through Icy chain-link that divides me from you

Our secrets tattooed the night with moon wounds we branded the sun with fury

It broke free from our rooms; hungry to strike something as bright and intense as itself.

It’s hard to live in raw sewage from the streets; it spilled over into our hearts, created rivers,

 we were blinded by hard sheets of sleet.

We didn’t bother to take shelter we were anxious to drown in the stain of our mistakes, absorb it like summer rays.

 

Let’s cut open the vein of regret and dissect it, we’ll put the Green back into Spring and bloom briefly on mountain ranges hiding our hearts in wildflowers, my ghost could be a veil to protect you from anything.

Let’s drink long from that clean, crisp spring our tongues thirsty for something pure

We could hike and vanish in heavy jungle, discover Utopia where there is no more need for words or talk only smiles, laughter, songs and dance.

 

I’m tired of searching condemned houses in my mind for lingering metaphors crumbling before my eyes.

Let’s break free from Society Baby!!!!

 

Let’s escape the icy, chain-link divide to climb Green ivy and dive off tree-tops into rivers that spread grand and golden epiphanies all the way to Love’s ocean. I’m starved by the fire waiting for your company.

There’s too many thoughts running wild past this lonesome, midnight hour; a pack of wild teenagers running naked through intersections about to set themselves ablaze, a can of Gasoline and 1 match to strike ‘em back to somewhere. Hurry up and get here, I don’t know if I can stay much longer.

 

My wanderlust ways are craving to change lanes. I might become smoke and rise up and away just long enough for me to be a final wave crashing through your brain. Don’t worry I’ll take you with me if I go your eyes will dance on twilight horizons with me, we’ll blend into every color and end up making new ones. Your heart I crave to stir, what do you think? Will our hearts and soul endure across this great Expanse, everything here to trip us but also help us grow our dreams skirling on the edge of some beautiful, great unknown?

 

We sneaked our love onto that ship I watched it sail away I wonder if the Captain now knows he's towing stow a-ways?

When I get out from behind this Icy Chain-link fence I hope to sail far, far, far into that brink with no more divisions between you and me.

 

I ride hungry rails the sight of wildflowers almost close enough to touch, my heart consumed in fire, my soul wounded by deathly crush, no armor to protect me so I stand naked in the dust, dizzy and alone I pass this lonely gate beyond midnight hours when Ice becomes an Imminent Power frozen in the brain.

I stalk the hanging ruins, hands clutched tight to chain-link

 

My dreams riding somewhere on a train searching for unknowns, I reason with the elements and end up longing for the road, snowflakes land like whispers, thunder and prophets wail with equal rage.

Put your beauty into my books place the truth onto my page collide me into you and let’s see what we can do!!  I hunger for your miracles that I know are true beyond this Icy chain-link I know we all are YOU.

 

Let’s stampede past this prison-house to merge back into blue. Thank you for my dreams last night I woke up this morning smelling like Pine. Your winds were my excuse to cross outside the lines.

Fire become my protector, water my useful guide, I draw wisdom from the spring, pull strength from a hidden blaze, I ignite with passion blooming somewhere new, it feels strange to hang all hatred when it’s still prospering throughout the world.

 

I’m calling for brighter angels to fly us back on home I’m tired of our suns being buried below these stones. From now on let’s express everything through songs and dance, a never ending festival with us blooming like wildflowers in the grass.

If I put you in a secret cell no one will ever know your there but in case you didn’t know you float above a precipice free from all Despair. You ride the rails of constant magic, cruise the ships of love at last, if I could break this Icy chain-link I’d come join you for a drink, one more time to lose ourselves and no more time to think. Just be. Anything we want or need. Our secrets joined together forming ghostly links.

 

I hold your hand in hope so do not lead astray

I’ve walked that road before and do not wish to go back

It’s always darkest before the dawn they say and I believe there’s truth to that.

I don’t think I ever told you this but I saw you bloom forever like a rose from my heart, it still grows because I water it every day, I pull the weeds around it, mulch it, and love it in every way.

 

I look like an ant crawling beside Mount Everest compared to it but I have to tell you it’s the biggest, brightest, f*****g thing I’ve ever f*****g seen. Words seemed meaningless every time I wanted to speak to you about it so I kept it to myself hoping you could see it growing from my eyes every time I looked at you, but now you know so I can stop worrying about it.

 

I gaze through Icy chain-link with no armor

 

Your ghost lingering high in tree-tops waiting for me to climb my face trapped behind chain-link screaming for a voice to break out, this is all I have in this condemned house, some scattered words in pencil that could be washed away at any time, but this rose, this rose, this rose that holds no fear protected by chain-link always grows and every time I look at it I can’t help but to smile with a tear.

© 2012 Scott Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The agony of being a part from loved ones felt in these words written eloquently. Magnificent!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
1 Review
Added on March 1, 2012
Last Updated on March 1, 2012

Author

Scott Lee
Scott Lee

Ashland, OR



About
If now and then we encounter pages that explode, pages that wound, sears, tears, groans, and curses, know they came from a man with his back up, a man whose only defenses left are his words, and his w.. more..

Writing