We Really Need To Know

We Really Need To Know

A Poem by Scott Lee

If I was a teacher
I would teach
the misfits,
the outcasts,
the black sheeps,
the punk rockers,
and metal heads,
the abused and unwanted miscreants.

I would let them light up joints in class and pass them around.

Let's get free thought rolling.
Let's reprogram ourselves away from abominable structures that limit soul work and ban poetry.

The classroom would be a mountain peak.

Music would be playing.

Let them choose and fight over it if they must.

I would smile and gaze at them.
I would not make them study and memorize every f*****g war from Napoleon to Hitler, to KHan.

I would let them choose.

If they wanted to get the blood flowing I would let them dive in and Mosh. So be it.

Get it out your beautiful system.

I would ask them questions.

What do you think of the world? What is your palm strike fury fantasizing about right now?

Where does true freedom lie?

Sheila says "the heart."
James says "the soul"
Shane says "your thoughts."

Elroy, the shy silent nerd speaks up and says "all 3."

Everyone yells F**K YEAH
8 Times and lights up another joint.

Sweet. Pass it to teacher. Thank you.

No one is made to feel stupid.
There is no wrong answer.
Just experiences and someone's own truth.
I would tell them to always trust their intuition, that it saved my life more than 88 Times.

I would tell them to Question It All and never believe anything the Government says unless they actually start telling you the truth.

Do your own research.
Look things up on any topic you want.
Dig for it.
Don't live by the status quo.
Don't call the cops unless you want to be beaten and shot.

But I wouldn't have to say that because they're rebels and rebels always see the truth anyways so what the hell am I trying to prove here. S**t. My bad.

Sorry Tommy, what we're you saying, why does your dad beat you with a belt 3 Times a week?
Oh s**t because his dad used to brand him with steel wire cattle prods on his back.

No wonder you're listening to Slayer and carving lines into your arms with razor blades at 3 a.m. with black candles burning on the outside of the Pentagon, I mean Pentagram- drawn out of pigs blood on your concrete, basement floor.

Omg!!!

"One night I went to his bedroom and stood over him with my hunters knife...I almost did it but then I thought about prison, so I went back to my bed, closed my eyes and tried to bury my hatred for that f*****g prick."

Holy s**t Tommy!!!

That's amazing and terribly shocking and frightening.

I would let them do the sharing.
I would learn too.
A great deal.

We would study about their heroes and why they were assassinated.

We would learn the truth.

Then we would let ourselves cry so we wouldn't suppress any heavy sorrow that threatened to turn to a boiling sea, cooking white harmless rabbits in midnight rage later on down the road in their mid twenties because they were so pissed off at being lied to for so long.

We would sleep on truth's mountain top and cook rabbits, then for dessert, some tasty marshmallow smores.

We would fall on our backs and wonder who made God or we would just wonder about the meaning of life.

What if there wasn't any meaning?
What if we were here to breathe meaning into it?

What is the nature of true love?
Why do dogs get turned around butt to butt when they're doing the wild thing sometimes?
Why does history lie to us?

Where are we going?
Why are there 7 ufos above my head right now?

What the f**k is really going on?

Come on Liars.
Tell us.
We
Really
need to know.

F**K!!!!!

© 2015 Scott Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on April 24, 2015
Last Updated on April 26, 2015

Author

Scott Lee
Scott Lee

Ashland, OR



About
If now and then we encounter pages that explode, pages that wound, sears, tears, groans, and curses, know they came from a man with his back up, a man whose only defenses left are his words, and his w.. more..

Writing