The Prayers Of The Righteous Man

The Prayers Of The Righteous Man

A Poem by Scott Lee

  I saw the red tailed hawk above me gliding with a purpose

   I saw the beautiful vine maples stretching up against the red brick building

  and wanted to both glide and stretch with them as if I could be so audacious..

  I walked the pathways through your city, I saw many huddled down against
  tired, battered walls, their hearts burning low- asking for change.

I saw a veteran in a wheel chair his legs mutilated and screaming asking for help from anybody who could give it.

 Under the bridge I saw the sidewalk speak to me saying

 "The prayers of the righteous Man is good enough and effective"

   Constellations were drawn beyond that as if the artist was begging you to take some time and stop to pray for all the travel weary, battered souls out there who don't stand much of a chance against the beast driven machine.

  I gave my prayers.

I went to sit down on a bench at the park to eat my lunch, realizing how long it has been since i ate lunch at the park.

Raindrops fell on my head and shoulders as if heaven heard the burn.

When I was done I rose up and started off again, a flock of birds were gliding around in a circle screaming their fiery hungry songs at the sky.

I guess we both have something in common.

© 2014 Scott Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on October 17, 2014
Last Updated on October 17, 2014

Author

Scott Lee
Scott Lee

Ashland, OR



About
If now and then we encounter pages that explode, pages that wound, sears, tears, groans, and curses, know they came from a man with his back up, a man whose only defenses left are his words, and his w.. more..

Writing