An open letter to my junior year

An open letter to my junior year

A Story by Savannah

To my junior year,
As my junior year comes to an end I just want to say one thing, thank you.


My junior year was one of the most challenging yet rewarding in all my years of schooling. This year made me question everything I had previously thought I wanted. My dream school changed, my personality grew, I made my family very proud.
Just this past year I turned 16, got my permit, got my first job, and that was just within the first month. The other months weren't as pretty but they taught me lessons I'll be forever grateful for. I experienced heartbreak, change, the pressure of 11th grade being the most important of my high school career and with skipping 10th grade I didn't have that much room for mistakes. Although, mistakes did occur. I struggled horribly with math, bad study habits, and learning to adapt with it being my first full year of cyber school. I questioned if I still wanted to be a teacher, where I wanted to go to school, anything I could possibly question I did. Yet through all those questions not only did I find (some of) the answers, I like to think I found myself too.
I'm finishing this year off strong. I bettered myself this year. I plan on going into my senior year confident with a love of photography and writing. Even though this upcoming year will have its own challenges, I'm ready to conquer them like I conquered my junior year.

Thank you to everyone who has watched me grow this year, I'm so grateful.

© 2017 Savannah


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

thats a nice gesture.
we should always learn to appreciate, it develops yur personality.
good luck.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Keep writing as you grow! If you're writing now and brave enough to post it online then keep at it in whatever form you choose. Life will throw plenty of curve balls at you but if you keep writing, it'll only help you as you enter the wider world! Good luck Savannah.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Well, I'm glad you had such a good year and you're also writing about it.

You still have alot of experiences to go through and you'll suffer alot but it will end up making your personality the best you'll ever have, I hope the best for you, Savannah.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

419 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 24, 2017
Last Updated on May 24, 2017

Author

Savannah
Savannah

Windber, PA



About
16 | aspiring to write about what makes my heart happy more..