Moon River

Moon River

A Story by Stacy Purvis
"

What is the meaning of this iconic song written by Henri Mancini and Johnny Mercer and sang by several wonderful people including the very Beautiful Audrey Hepburn?

"
“Moon River” was originally written by composer Henry Mancini and lyricist Johnny Mercer for the 1961 film, Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Mancini revealed in an interview that it only took him about 30 minutes to compose the song. 

It's about the journey of life. The lyrics composer, Johnny Mercer, wanted to write about his home in the south of the USA where he lived by the water.

In the song, the river acts as a metaphor for a lover. It is described as both a dream maker and a heartbreaker in the same line, emphasizing both the delightful and disastrous outcomes of relationships. Even knowing that it could go badly, the narrator is still determined to follow their heart.

It's a metaphor of yearning for the unpredictable eddies of an adventurous life, to be swept along by the currents to somewhere new: “Wherever you're goin', I'm goin' your way"

Read more here: https://americansongwriter.com/the-meaning-behind-andy-williams-moon-river/

© 2024 Stacy Purvis


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on July 7, 2024
Last Updated on July 7, 2024
Tags: #moonriver, #audreyhepburn, #BreakfastAtTiffanys, #AndyWilliams, #Drew, #HenryMancini, #JohnnyMercer

Author

Stacy Purvis
Stacy Purvis

Columbus, OH



About
Altruistic Enigmatic Polymath | Writer, Poet, Actress, Musician, EMT, CNA, Phlebotomist. I'm an Artist. I paint pictures of the verbal kind.☕️❤️ 333 more..

Writing