The Rookie

The Rookie

A Story by Sarah

It's the bottom of the 9th, two outs and the bases are loaded. Up to bat is rookie Carter Johnson; he hasn't done much for the Washington Stingrays this season but it all comes down to this moment. This is the deciding moment of whether they can win the World Series. The score is 8 to 10. All the Stingrays need is three runs and they win the World Series. Carter needs to get at least a walk and they might have a chance. The pitcher winds up, he throws the ball... Strike one. Carter steps back from the plate for a minute. The pitcher winds up, swing and a miss. Coach calls a time out. Coach Karson heads out on the field, so calm but very determined. Carter gets back on the plate and the crowd is silent. Its so quiet out here, you could hear a pin drop. The catcher gives the pitcher his signal but he shakes his head no. He sends another signal and the pitcher still disagrees. The third and final signal is put out and the pitcher finally agrees. He winds up, throws it and Carter makes contact. That ball is flying! It's going,  going, going, it's gone! That ball is out of here!  Carter Johnson hits his first Major League home run and it's a grand slam! They did it! The Washington Stingrays have won the World Series and it's all thanks to 22 year old Carter Johnson. Carter rounds third and he's greeted by his team mates at home plate. Every one is going crazy! This will be one for the records. A few guys lifted Carter up on their shoulders and paraded him around. The crowd starts chanting CARTER! CARTER! CARTER! The guys are carrying Carter over to the trophy but not before they stop and lift up coach Karson. The keeper hands the trophy up to Carter and he lifts it in the air. The crowd goes wild. The crowd starts chanting CARTER! as the sound booth starts to play "We Are The Champions". There is no better feeling than holding the World Series trophy in your hands, especially when you're the reason for winning it in the end.

© 2015 Sarah


Author's Note

Sarah
please excuse any mistakes, wrote it really quick.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
Added on April 17, 2015
Last Updated on April 17, 2015
Tags: baseball, rookie, world series

Author

Sarah
Sarah

NH



About
I'm a 19 year old amateur writer from a small town. I have big dreams and a creative mind. more..

Writing
My Addiction My Addiction

A Poem by Sarah