CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

A Chapter by S@PT0

The lonely streets of the 575th block of the Egyptian street where Miss Elpseth Wallace’s meeting day was supposed to take place were abandoned. It had been abandoned since the first time Wallace had sought it for its latest meeting.

She had a hard time convincing her intelligent members. She regarded them as too dull to listen to the beating vendettas in their hearts.

Every time the telephone rang across its members, including her finance’, it was either ignored or discouraged by the intelligent members.

Their thoughtful decisions were vague and vulnerable to Elspeth Wallace's anger.

While teaching at St. Lumina Academy for more than an era, the tiny place of vendetta in her mind still triggered her nightmarish ploy against her greatest enemy, Angus Macleod; whom the whole town seemed to worship.

His vague attempts at developing Zephyr Borough by showing off a couple of roads to repair ( It was fine before he came) and his horrible jokes at every school program had earned him a jeering crowd of admirers and a great ploy for his assassination.

But his assassination ploy wasn't just his fame or wealth. It was something deeper than the ocean.

It was so deep that the complex human minds would bow down to acknowledge his brutality.

The vengeance that stayed with the mild breeze in Zephyr Borough never left any of the victim's mind.

Wallace felt the emergency need of a meeting at that abandoned house. She was suffocating.

If vendettas have a thing called a knife, Wallace must have been stung by one as the sharpness still made the angry bubble of anger in her mind vulnerable.

That small house which she bought for the sake of her vendetta was perfect for any hiding place.

It was the loneliest house on the block which was previously haunted by the false rumors of a creepy lady who could murder children with a glance of her eyes.

The old lady couldn’t adjust to the stupid teenagers and clumsy children staring at her house every time they passed it. Instead, their eyes had caused her to leave Egyptian Street.

Wallace saw no reason to be frightened of a fragile woman as she was scarier than her. She was planning an assassination ploy. How couldn't she be dangerous?

After all, she shouldn't be the one to object. She was desperate for a lonely house like that.

“Those nutters used to teach their kids that I would kill them if they do nuts.” stated the woman before selling her house to Wallace who would give the moon to snatch it anyway. “ Even those nosy teens get scared to smoke cigars near meters my house.”

Wallace’s house was near the Eden Garden Road. It was a stark contrast to the loneliness and crimes of the Egyptian Street.

But her house was a black sheep in the neighborhood of chattering happy families and roars of children.

Her house was small and marked every single thing about her dead brother. Her only living member until he was murdered 12 years ago. Her walls bore only one black and white photograph that affected her eyes like an onion when she looked at it.

Just below the photograph of her parents resided an old telephone that traumatized each busy member of her ploy. She loved to use the term ploy mates for them before they became more irresponsible.

The old Telephone at Wallace’s house worked just as fine as the roads Angus repaired to waste some money in front of his cheering crowd of admirers. It bore scratches from her many attempts to destroy it after someone dejected her meeting day. But today won’t be the same.

She dialed his number. Her hands grasped the wires so hard in anger that they would soon stop working.

Finnegan Flynn was her Finance from the first time she joined St.Lummina. Almost 12 years. She met his gaze after 2 months of screaming at the Angus-loving students. Every time he came forward to put their engagement ring in her glass of wine at a date (it was almost 10 years) old, she would reject it.

Flynn memorized her ever-so dialogue at his proposal.

" I would never marry or do anything to my life until I kill that sow.”

Considering how he hated Angus, they decided to join together for their ploy. Their ploy for the Assassination of Angus MacLeod.

" Flynn Speaking.” said a grumpy voice, Wallace so longingly preferred.

“Hello, it is Wallace.” said Wallace restraining herself from shouting things like, �™ What the freak are you nutters waiting for!�™ or ‘When will your damn work be finished?’

Instead, she shouted calmly knowing his colleagues around him would be entertaining for them if they found Flynn breaking up with his Fiance’e after 12 years.

" I want the meeting to be held today.” Said Wallace in her bossy tone that made Flynn act like a kitten. “It is not a request, it is an order. Today evening--”

Wallace was about to mutter ‘every nutter’ but she controlled her tongue and said, "Every one of our members should be present at the Egyptian street.”

" Okay, I'm gonna inform ’em.”

The line broke and Wallace found herself with the broken wire of her old Telephone.

She threw it on the floor and slammed her hand on the table. Her hours of calmness and sophisticated talking had been a respite. She was replaced by the horrible monster in the form of the English teacher in the most famous school in town.



© 2024 S@PT0


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on September 12, 2024
Last Updated on September 12, 2024


Author

S@PT0
S@PT0

Barishal, Barishal, Bangladesh



About
I am an inkitt and Wattpad author struggling to get audience. I normally write fiction and short stories and sometimes poetry more..

Writing
MY DOLL MY DOLL

A Poem by S@PT0