37

37

A Story by Samuel Collier
"

This is a little piece that I wrote in a writing contest, so it's not that good (I had a time limit). 37 is just my call number for the piece. Please enjoy.

"

“Smash!”

I trip and hit the ground. The heavy footsteps of the murderer stomp behind me.

My heart skips a beat, thoughts rush through my head, “ I need to get out of here, I need to escape, I need-”

Pain shoots up my body, I look down to see a slick silver blade protruding from my lower abdomen. Blood shoots from the wound as the hooded man retrieves his thrown knife. My vision grows darker and darker, I fall to the ground.

My eyes turn to the sky, the beautiful night sky. I smile as I say one last goodbye to this world.

*   * *

My eyes snap open, “The murderer he’s right behind me!” I yell jumping to my feet. I look around me, I was in a room I have never seen before, there wasn’t anything in the room, save one bed and a nightstand. The walls were painted, no they just were white, in fact everything was white. The floors were white, the bed was white, heck even my clothes were white.

I started to panic it had suddenly comes back to me, the murder, the knife… my death. How was I alive, I was stabbed and left to die. I pull up my shirt, there was no scar where I was stabbed. The murderer wouldn’t have saved me, then who would?

A door suddenly appears on the right wall. I jump back, terrified. A man struts through the door. He was a small man maybe four feet tall, he had a thick mustache and a clipboard, and of course he was wearing white.

“Hello,” he says nonchalantly, “My name is Evaristus, and I’ll be your Guardian Angel for the day. I’m sure you have a lot of questions for me so go ahead.”

I cautiously walk over to him,” Okay how am I alive and what do you mean by ‘Guardian Angel’”

He sighs, What I mean by ‘Guardian Angel’ is Guardian Angel and for how you’re alive, well how do I put this. Well you’re… not.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well when you were attacked by that killer, you… you well died.”

I take a step back, my mind was spinning, “But no that's not true I have a family and a. Oh I get it you’re lying to me, you're with the murderer and you-”

“I assure you I’m not lying.”

“Wait you made that door disappear, you can send me back right, you have the power. No I would already be back,” My head slumps, “I guess I can never be happy again, I’ll just be sad… No I’ll make the best of this, so what can I do here.”

He chuckles and says to himself, “Well that was faster than most.” Then in a louder tone, “ Ok for what you can do well you first must know where you are.”

“Well where am I then?”

He grabs my arm and pulls me through the door, “This is Heaven.”

I gasp it was huge in all directions there was games and fields and everything fun I could ever imagine.

I look to Evaristus as he says, “ Well what are you waiting for, go have fun!”

I set off running towards and laser tag arena, “ This’ll be great.”

And it truly was a new beginning.


But was it a good one.


*   * *

Day  12,

When I first heard that I was in heaven I thought, “Wow it’ll be so much fun, i’ll be so cool.”

But little did I know that heaven wasn’t an eternal paradise, it was more of and eternal high school, minus the classes. Every day I would go out to do something fun like eating or skydiving, but It’s no fun when you’re the new kid in town.

I walk up to a restaurant, called the winged burger, this was the hangout spot for all the coolest people, I had never been here before it’s wicked exclusive and you need to be invited but this time I was.

“Hey Skyler you coming.”

A hand lands on my shoulder. I turn around the handed belonged to my only friend, Nick. He’s a tall, sandy haired boy, with a crooked grin. He was one of the coolest people around, I had only landed with him because of an accident, but it was the best on I ever made.

*   * *

I was sitting on a bench eating a hot dog when a stray football came shooting at my face.

“Smack!”

Laughter erupts from the paused game down field, “Oh great.” I say to myself, “ This is exactly what I need to help my reputation.”

I throw the ball back but just to make It worse I hit a player. Both teams flip out yelling at me to go away. I stand up and run away. I dodge behind a building as I started to cry. I wish I could go back to earth, but no I’m died. I cry for a bit longer before.

“Hey are you ok.”

My fist flies out and connects with a face next to me.

“Ow.” The person yells, “ I was only trying to help.”

I stare at him, “Help?” No one had ever wanted to help me before.

“Yeah help I saw you run away and thought you would need someone.”

I sniff, “ Really this isn’t a prank right?”

“Not a prank.”

“Good.”

*   * *

“Click!”

Nick snaps his finger in front of my face, “ Hey you still there?”

“Oh yeah sorry. I was thinking.”

“Okay would you like to come in.” He opens the door and gives me a little bow.

“I smile, why yes kind sir.”

I start to walk in, Nike grabs my wrist, “And one more thing, don’t punch anyone.”

I smile and grab his arm. I pull him toward me into a deep kiss. I pull away, he smiles, “That's a bit better than a punch.” And with that we head in together.


I was wrong before, this is the beginning.

© 2016 Samuel Collier


Author's Note

Samuel Collier
Please ignore grammatical problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on June 13, 2016
Last Updated on June 13, 2016
Tags: romance, short, fast writing

Author

Samuel Collier
Samuel Collier

Lawton, OK



About
I'm a pretty nice guy, I'm decently funny. I love to cook and write. I dislike most sports, but I do like to play chess, cricket, tennis, and soccer. I love playing music and can play around 10 instru.. more..

Writing
Silence Silence

A Story by Samuel Collier