What do we know!

What do we know!

A Poem by Maan

Life eventually will get back to a new normal. We adapt; I love and hate this about human beings. It makes me question the credibility of our sentiments, but what do we know... Our survival instinct is far more substantial than any emotion that we feel. We can afford and bear every possible loss except for the loss of self but imagine if at some level we get okay with that as well... What then? Or maybe at some point in life we die and make peace with it before... dying really. A part of the journey may be, sort of an evolution... a mandatory part of life. 


There are occurrences in life that we can't control, even when we are particular about understanding the situation... Oh, the helplessness. Maybe that's God's way of mocking us and keeping us where we are supposed to - with an illusion of mindfulness. Our existence is an invisible dot on the scale of time, and our abilities, capacities, authorities are for nothing. We are chasing a half-remembered dream in the hope of finding something meaningful. 


Uncertain and unaware, we keep running in the dark, 'hoping' to see light at the end of the tunnel but guess what... It is not a tunnel - it is just dark, forever. There is no light for ambiguity; uh do you even deserve the light chasing stupidity? A fluke? Oh well, we are doomed, aren't we? People who are done with this game can't guide us... there's no connection to the other side but I wonder if they will make a better choice if they get to play again. 


A loop... making wrong choice after bad choice and can't stop. How horribly sad would that be... finding new ways to screw over and over and over again. An endless journey to a sure fall. Pointing south and walking north while looking east and west every two seconds, hoping to reach the destination... hoping for a happy, grand ending. 


Love! Love is what make it all worth the struggle and madness but who ever has time to stop and wonder if this is it then why circle the sun when you can simply confine in it and live there for... I don't know, forever? Who has time to think about what matters really... like honestly. . in all this noise and annoying static, and remember that half-remembered dream. Yeah! That!... Who has time to stop and wonder what, why, and simply marry the truth... the boring, ugly, and annoying truth.

© 2022 Maan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Food for thought. I agree with some and disagree with others based on some personal beliefs. Good train of thought. I like questioning.

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
1 Review
Added on March 28, 2022
Last Updated on March 28, 2022

Author

Maan
Maan

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



About
Not really much to say about what I am or anything about me. Its like I've never find myself in the spheres of something and something not, I always wander somewhere in between them, all I get is the .. more..

Writing
Life at 0Km/h Life at 0Km/h

A Screenplay by Maan


Poor Little Boy Poor Little Boy

A Poem by Maan