Night 1

Night 1

A Story by Salma Galal

"How come this place is so perfect!", I thought to myself. Forget the pictures, this was beyond my expectations. A home theater in a vast modern living room, newly painted walls covered in paintings and a picture of beautiful lady, a huge bouncy bed with lots of cushions and pretty orange curtains that rocked a large window frame. I danced my way to the window and gracefully opened the curtains to the most beautiful city scene ever. The lights could tell you there was so much going on in the street that never sleeps, but the noise-blocking window make it seem like a silent movie. I stood there for some time then it occurred to me how heavy my head felt and how exhausted I was from the flight. "I should really go to sleep now", I had to tell myself out loud before I closed the curtains and worked my way to bed. I laid there unconscious. I can't remember what happened then but all I know was that I woke up for what seemed like no reason at the beginning then realized my whole body was itching so hard. I panicked and immediately jumped out of the bed and rushed for the lights. Ignoring the sharp pain in my eyes because of the lights, I glared at my skin. Red harsh spots covered my pale legs and arms. They were everywhere. I pulled by hands against my mouth to hold back an uncontrollable scream. This can't be happening to me! I walked slowly to my bed to see what kind of bloodsucking demon I was dealing with. There was nothing. Not an ant. Probably a microscopic creature, I  thought. I looked at my watch and it was 1 in the morning. Too Early for this nightmare to end and too late to call the host and ask for another bed. That night, I slept in the tub.

© 2013 Salma Galal


Author's Note

Salma Galal
First writing on this website. Tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on August 1, 2013
Last Updated on August 1, 2013
Tags: bad, night, travel, apartment

Author