My Flowers

My Flowers

A Poem by Lala

In my heart I grew flowers for you so I could give them one at a time whenever it was needed. When you felt mistreated or defeated I had a flower ready regardless of the season. Sometimes I saw you lost in deep thoughts and I would stare without you even being aware. Then I would give a flower to show you how I notice your warfare and although you might not accept it right there at least you would know I care. Sometimes you could only see the world as an ugly place and I would pick the most beautiful flowers for you to put in your mental vase. I hoped it would remind you that such ugliness is not always the case. When your thoughts were dark and grey I gathered the most colorful bouquet and put them on display to help you realize you were only having a bad day. I knew it wouldn't be enough but it was worth a shot. Sometimes I also gave one at random because I thought why not. All of this was never a lot but that doesn't matter. I just wanted you to feel happier after and sharing my flowers could hopefully be a factor that would shatter any disaster you had to master. 

But the flowers wouldn't have existed and couldn't be gifted if you never assisted. I had your sunshine helping me create these flowers of mine. Your love erased my shadow and made it possible for them to grow. They say reap what you sow and beyond my control you planted your love in the garden of my soul. With the seeds of your affection I grew a collection of flowers I kept in my heart to give whenever you needed to feel better. It was without pressure, in fact it was always my pleasure to look after you like a treasure. Not that I had to take care of you but I figured what harm could it do? 

I just wonder if you ever knew. I think even if you did it wouldn't change a thing. No difference would've been made, not by me nor the flowers I used to bring. Because quite simply I know you never needed me really. Clearly life on this planet was something you could manage. Maybe all I did was bring myself useless baggage. You were the reason my flowers could blossom but that leaves me with a problem. Without you, knowing how to grow is something they have forgotten. You didn't ask for my floral favors which is okay, but I did want to give them away. I guess it was more for my own sake. Wishing you needed me but I realized you don't. So giving my flowers now feels unnecessary and quite frankly this awareness turned my soul into a floral cemetery. But with a heavy heart your flowers I still try to carry, because they are something I could never actually bury. So whenever you feel low or unsteady just know that if you do ever need me just send your plea because whatever happens, for you I will always have them ready. 

© 2019 Lala


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19 Views
Added on October 23, 2019
Last Updated on November 3, 2019

Author

Lala
Lala

About
Welcome to my page! I know we're all writers here, but if you like my writing and are interested in me writing something for you, just hit me up! I do freelance poetry writing and it truly makes me.. more..

Writing
Dad Dad

A Poem by Lala


Believing Believing

A Poem by Lala


Personal Personal

A Poem by Lala