Old Me

Old Me

A Poem by Lala

I miss your smile. I miss your laugh. I miss your positive energy and the fun we used to have. I miss how you could be at peace with nothing. These days it seems like your mind is always running to something. I miss how life couldn't beat you down but now what I see most is that frown. I miss how you could always turn it around easily and could feel peacefully so frequently. I miss your carefree attitude. I miss your cheerful mood. I miss you being more nice than rude. I miss your faith in love. I miss how solitude wasn't the only option you thought of. I miss how you could love every little thing. It makes me sad they can't give as much happiness as they used to bring. I miss the days you weren't tired so often since now it is so common. I miss you not stressing about the what if's in every setting. You were always so good at counting every blessing. I miss you not always feeling so self-conscious. I miss you easily talking nonsense. I miss your small talk skills. I miss you not making mountains out of molehills. I miss the warmth of your soul. You know, the one you had before the world made it cold. I miss you not keeping a grudge to hold. I miss you never feeling out of place. I miss how you could help others forget the problems they face. I miss you being able to brighten their days. I miss how you were happy always. I miss you not having the need to build a wall. But what I miss most is not having to miss you at all. 

Dear old me, I wish it was you who I could be. My heart has a special place reserved which will stay empty until you have returned. I know you're in there somewhere and I'd like for us to meet again. So I'm asking you to please come back. I hope the answer to that is not an if but a when. Once you decide to do that, I'll be ready then. 

© 2019 Lala


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on September 29, 2019
Last Updated on October 9, 2019

Author

Lala
Lala

About
Welcome to my page! I know we're all writers here, but if you like my writing and are interested in me writing something for you, just hit me up! I do freelance poetry writing and it truly makes me.. more..

Writing
Dad Dad

A Poem by Lala


Believing Believing

A Poem by Lala


Personal Personal

A Poem by Lala