003: Elevator Stalking

003: Elevator Stalking

A Chapter by SDMcCarty
"

I saw him again today, but will we ever meet? (Love)

"

    I stared at him again.  Anytime he’s near I go to pieces.  I can’t help it.  He’s perfect.  That smile, those eyes, and let’s face it, that butt.
I think he noticed me today.  He looked right at me.  He smiled then.  I know I had that goofy smile on my face after that.  I hope he doesn’t mind it.  He looked away rather quickly, but I think that had more to do with his friends calling his name.  At least I hope.  Hoping isn’t a bad thing, is it?  Maybe one day I’ll get the courage to talk to him.  It’s just really difficult.  I mean, he’s him, and I’m me.  We’re too different.  He’s cool; I’m not.  He’s good at stuff; I’m not good at anything at all.  He has a lot of friends; I have a plant.  There’s no way a man like him would notice me.
We both work at the same place.  He works on a floor above me in a corner office with a view of the park.  I’ve never been, but that’s what I hear it looks like from some of the ladies who fantasize about him too.  I’ve jealously been listening to their talk since I first saw him.  It was love at first sight.  Well, maybe it’s lust at first sight – I’ve never been good at judging those things.  In fact, I’ve never really felt these feelings before.  I’ve never really had a crush on anyone before.  Not even a little one.  For a while, I wasn’t even sure where my preferences lie.  I eventually figured it out – men.
I finish off my coffee in the company’s cafeteria.  It wasn’t the best coffee, but with enough cream and sugar anything can be made edible.  I always get the coffee even though it tastes like things I’d rather not be thinking about while eating.  I sigh and clean up my trash.  Standing up, I walk over to the trashcan.  I walk to the elevator.  I should use the stairs, but I work on the 12th floor – I don’t want to walk up that many flights of stairs.  I push the button and wait.  It’s coming down from the 10th floor so it’ll be here in about a minute.  I’m the only one waiting – that is rare; more people will come, I know this.  I want him to come…and I don’t, all at the same time.  I hear a group of people coming.  It’s hard for me, but I don’t turn around to look at them, not that I have to to figure out who they are.  It’s the group of women who work on the 8th floor who are as obsessed with him as I am.  They’re loud and obnoxious – he deserves better.
The elevator comes and we get in.  I go in first and push the 12th floor button then move quickly to the back.  Only then do I look up.  He’s with them!  He smiles his pleasant smile and moves to the back – to stand beside me.  I can feel my heart beating.  I’m having trouble breathing.  The women are looking at me funny, and they make fun of me.  It’s like always.  By the time we’re to the 5th floor, they’ve changed the topic of conversation back to him.  Apparently he has no one special in his life and he doesn't feel like telling them why not.  He does hint that he has a crush.  He even jokes that they are in the elevator just in time for the 8th floor.  They all strut out of the elevator as if they were sure it was them that he had a crush on.  Probably was.  I get nervous with just the both of us in the elevator.
He smiles.  “Loud, aren’t they?” he asks rhetorically.
I smile and nod.  “They certainly are,” I choke out without sounding nearly as nervous as I am, or at least I hope.
“Annoying too,” he continues looking up to the ceiling.  “But, I was telling the truth.  My crush was in the elevator, and, in fact, still is.”  I feel my face redden and go hot.  I can hear my heart beating in my ears.  I can’t believe what I’m hearing.  I try to get my wits together but it doesn’t work.  “So,” he begins looking down at his shoes, “What are you doing on Saturday?”
I nearly have a heart attack.  I cannot think.  “I was hoping it’d be the same thing I will be,” he said as I look at him and nod stupidly.
He smiles as the elevator reaches my floor.  “See you later then.”



© 2009 SDMcCarty


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

422 Views
Added on April 1, 2009
Last Updated on April 1, 2009


Author

SDMcCarty
SDMcCarty

Sendai-shi, Japan



About
I started writing more seriously just a little while ago (about a month or so), so I am not terribly good yet. However, I do enjoy writing, so I'll continue to try! I enjoy fantasy works, and I also.. more..

Writing