the candy crush saaga

the candy crush saaga

A Story by SANDEEP SHETTY

Greenwoods school playgrounds
Year of 1999
"Promise me buddy. You will never ever share your candies with anyone else except me." I said.
"Promise!!!"replied Karan.

Okay now...who's Karan???
Karan was my bestie. We loved eachother selflessly.
We never expected anything from eachother..never!!!

"If you break this promise, I will die. That's how promises work. You know right?"
"Of course buddy! I know. That's the technical aspect of promises...characteristic feature".

Cut to present
Cafe coffee day:
Karan and I sit at a table in the corner. Last benches have always been our favourite since our school time.

"Love you buddy" says Karan. Well, he's an emotional guy.
"I know. But let's talk low. I don't want people to assume that we are gays" I reply.
"Hmm. Yeah. This isn't a world for us people. Okay. You know what I didn't break your promise..well..actually, I stopped eating candies since school" says Karan.
"I know. You won't. Technically if you did that, I wouldn't be alive today. That's what I keep saying to Isha all the time"

As soon as I say this he zooms his eyes like the latest Sony DSLR camera saying....
"What the hell!!! You guys are in touch with eachother???"

Cut to past
Behind Greenwoods school auditorium:

" Isha, see I bought some candies for you."

Its me who said this and thats Isha.

"Omg!! Thanks a lot. I don't understand why guys are crazy about me"
"Of course. You are pretty Isha. As pretty as that mermaid"
"Wow!!! I never knew that. I love you. But promise me that you will never share your candies with anyone else except me".

I promised her and I never broke the promise. Technically I never bought candies. Everytime Karan gives me some which I share with Isha. So there's no way that im breaking my promise.

Ps: Karan had huge crush on Isha. I knew that too.

Cut to present
Same table:

Karan doesn't say a word. He just keeps staring at me intensely.
"Ahh..look..Karan, I don't want people to think that we are gays. Stop staring at me. Okay...see.. Isha is waiting for me. I gotta go..."

Well.technically I didn't do anything wrong. Promises doesn't satisfy commutative property right?
A=B doesn't necessarily mean that B=A.

So I pay the bill and walk away from the sight.
Karan is always my bestie. We never expect anything from eachother. Never!!!!
Uffffff!!!!!
Candy crush saga continues......

© 2014 SANDEEP SHETTY


Author's Note

SANDEEP SHETTY
its from my blog
bunysdeep.blogspot.com
check it out friends...you will like it... :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The times change with the seasons and with age.

Posted 10 Years Ago


"Candy crush saga continues......"
I wanted to read more. Nice use of places and thoughts. I enjoyed the conversation and the ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 6, 2014
Last Updated on July 6, 2014
Tags: candies crushes

Author

SANDEEP SHETTY
SANDEEP SHETTY

hyderabad, kukatpally, India



About
iam an aspiring author. more..

Writing