Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by Roza Amel
"

Chapter Five

"

Chapter Five

            I felt myself smile inwardly, but not a happy proud smile, a sad lonely smile. The sad lonely smile was caused by the effect that in my life I’ve had one daughter, half angel, half human, and I’ve never been able to meet her. Her name Stefani, she had beautiful curly brown hair, green eyes, she would be about 7 this year. I loved her, but because of whom I was I never got the chance to meet her.
            I know she’s still alive, but I know her mother was killed by my best friend. Alec Arue. He killed the mother, Annie, and forgot about the child. And for that I am grateful, another woman, kind and gentle found my -Stefani- and is currently raising her.
            I turned to Brutice and looked him in the eye, “She is not my daughter, I don’t know my daughter.” I told him, the cold look in my eyes. He stepped back, his eyes wide with fear. The look in an angels eyes are so powerful, so strong, that they can make a human fall to there knees with a quick glance.
            He gave me a look of fear, “Y-your one of t-t-them.” He stammered, the fear in his eyes snapped me back to what I was. I took a step back and looked at him, sorrow quickly filling every inch of my body. My heart turned cold as I realized he is in fear of angels still.
            I reached out my hand, but he just fell on the floor trying to get away from me. F**k! I thought to myself, “Brutice, I’m sorry. Listen buddy, I just came to find the girl food. I saved her. I’m not like the other angels anymore.” I sighed looking down, tears flooding to the brink of my eyes as the screams and words of my previous victims fled back. His lip trembled, I reached out my hand but he just kept stepping away.
            Lizzy stepped forward and looked at Brutice. “Uncy Brutice, Michael is good.” She said, her voice quiet. I looked down at her, as did Brutice. She reached out her hand to him and he took it cautiously, never ripping his eyes from me.
            “How do I know you won’t kill me?” He asked, I looked at him sadly. The life I’ve been given has been tough, I’ve always been the one to restore faith in human kind and humanities faith in the Lord. But now I had to restore there faith in me. Great, even if I’m not an angel of God I still have to do my old job.
            “Because if I wanted to kill you, you would already be dead…” I told him almost in-audibly. He looked down at the girl and gave her a brave smile and slowly stood up. I could tell he was still very wary of my presence, but it was a cautiousness I would be used to sooner or later. I had to learn how to control my anger if I was going to survive in this world with the humans. I mean if I met an Angel Hunter  I would be dead in two minutes tops.
            I looked around and remembered Lizzy was hungry. But for some reason Stefani would not get out of my mind. “Lizzy go look for something to eat, kay?” I told her, she nodded and left to go look in the store for something  to eat.
            Brutice’s eyes went wide and I didn’t know why “You shirts turning red…” He said, moving closer.
            F**k. I thought that I healed those.” I growled. Brutice looked at me shocked at my language.
            “Turn ‘round son. I’m one them trained EMT’s” He told me quietly, I looked at him shocked and took off my shirt. He gasped and said, “Holy mother of Jesus.” He said, his eyes wide. “Son, that there blood ain’t from losing your wing.” I could hear the worry in his voice. “It’s writing and it says ‘damned if you did, damned if you don’t’.”
            I turned on him, my eyes wide. “What?” I practically yelled. He took a step back, obviously he believed the rumors that when an angel, of any status, got angry the lost control.
            “Please don’t hurt me!” He pleaded, he was trembling with fear. The fear in his eyes were apparent. It was like it was plainly written on his face. I took a deep breath and looked around. Maybe there was some bandages in this abandoned store. Maybe, just maybe, this place would have clean clothes, and maybe they had a bible. Yes, even after everything I still would read the bible. Not really for the biblical meaning, but because the bible has always calmed me down.
            I looked into his eyes, and saw that something else happened in his life for him to be so afraid of an angel that has done nothing to show him that I was to harm him. “What happened?” I asked quietly, studying his face. This man was a complete mystery with me and yet I kind of trusted him. Maybe if something had happened to me he could raise Lizzy… The thought crossed my mind and immediately I felt my blood boil. No! You will not leave another child to the hands of another! My inner self yelled to me. I couldn’t leave Lizzy like I had left Stefani. I just couldn’t, I would literally go insane if I ever thought of doing that.
            Brutice gave me a look of fear that slowly turned into compassion. “Turn ‘round son, I can fix them up fer ya.” He told me confident in his abilities. I nodded and took off my shirt once again. He walked around the store and soon found the stuff he was looking for. “Yer gonna die if I don’t stitch up them wounds.” He told me making me sit down, I nodded and then I felt a stabbing sensation in my back. Each time he put a new stitch in I almost yelled with the pain.
            Sad, huh? That a grown angel can watch death around him spring up and be perfectly fine, can have something like the wounds happen and not really care, but the minute I get stitches it ends up making me want to scream. I glared at the floor, wishing this pain would subside. But I knew it wouldn’t until he was done. “I’m almost done, son.” Why does he keep calling me ‘son’? I mean I was over two thousand years older then him, and he calls me son. It seemed a bit backwards, but who was I to complain.
            I stood up gingerly when he told me he was done, it seemed he was laughing at how weak I was to pain like that. His eyes gleamed with a sort of kind mischief that most replace for old kindness. “Don’t worry son, in a couple of days you won’t feel a damn thing.” He said with his little drawl. I tried to give him a big smile but it only came out weak. And that’s when I heard it, the scream. Oh Lord, the scream.
            I took off as fast as I could to where the scream was from. The scream came from Lizzy, the sound was sort of saying ‘If I don’t get help, I’m dead.’ I ran and ran, I couldn’t let anything happen to her, she had to stay alive. Keep her alive, keep your damn promise Michael. You’re going to be a failure if you don’t keep her alive. The words kept repeating in my head, the promise I made myself to keep her alive seemed more important then anything in this world.
            I got to the spot and that’s when I saw them, the demons were crowding around Lizzy, it seemed like they wanted something that she had but I didn’t know what that was. “There he isssssss.” The obviously leader lisped out. It seemed like the creature had a hard time talking, I could kind of understand why, if they spent too much time in the human world then something, I don’t know what, would happen to them.
            I looked at them, they seemed to be watching my every move. “Here, tem’bel” He said, it was kind of rude how he called me ‘idiot’ in the Hebrew language. I sighed as he handed me a note, the envelope had a stamp on it that said ‘Open in private. �"L.’

 



© 2011 Roza Amel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on May 25, 2011
Last Updated on May 25, 2011


Author

Roza Amel
Roza Amel

Funky town, CA



About
Hey, my pen name is Roza Amel. I am a fourteen year old girl who only writes for fun, I believe it would be amazing to get published but doubt that it'll ever happen. I enjoy being random at times, if.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Roza Amel


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Roza Amel


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Roza Amel