Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Roza Amel
"

Prologue

"

Prologe

 

I walked around the streets of the former big city of Los Angeles. I could see nothing but grey skies when I looked up and smog all around, at night when I slept on the roof tops I couldn’t even see the brightest star in the entire world. Everyone that once lived in this once thriving city is now dead. Along with most of the world.
Last year was 2012, now it’s 2013. Happy December 21st everyone. It’s been exactly one year since the end of the world came about. One few were able to hide and live, and now we’re slowly being killed off, one by one by the angels. We’re expendable to them, but to the rest of humanity we’re the future.
As I walked to the Wal-mart store I heard a huge gust of wind and a low laugh. Actually, there were a few laughs. Crap! I ran as fast as I could, but I knew it wouldn’t do any good. It never did. If anything, it just made it more fun for the angels that were once sent to protect us and are now killing us.
I felt my heart pumping, everything felt so slow as adrenalin pumped through my veins, carrying me through the twists and turns of the LA streets. The laughs got louder and louder as the angels got closer, the winds from there wings flapping created gusts of wind. My mind was racing, trying to figure out if I could out-smart.
Their was an angel that landed in front of me, I skidded to a halt. My eyes wide, I turned to run the other direction, but I saw there were angels on all side of me. “Well look here, brothers. Looks like we have a little human that hasn’t gotten killed yet.” The angels wings were pitch black, if you looked hard enough you could see little sparkles, they almost looked like the stars at night. Gosh how I missed the stars.

“Should we keep her alive and kill her slowly, or shall we be nice today and end her worthless little life like that?” The angel snapped his fingers, glaring at me, his wings closing at his sides. My eyes were wide with fear, there was no way I’d be able to fight all of them, maybe one, but not all.
I felt a tear sting my eyes, I watched my family starve them telling me not to get caught or I would end up like them. I couldn’t believe it, I just broke my promise. They slowly got closer, my eyes watching them all. The obvious leader growled a curse at me and made every one stop for but a minute. “Do you have anything to say worthless human.” He said ‘human’ as if it stung his lips.

“Why? Didn’t God teach to love all? You’re all just breaking his wish…” I said, as tears fell from my face. The leader lunged for me, his teeth bared, a wild look in his eyes when a white light shined upon me and a loud voice echoed from the heavens.

“Stop!” Yelled a voice, the beholder of the voice was slowly floating down, his wings shining bright gold and a halo unto his eyes.
I dropped to my knee’s along with the other angels. My mouth was open and I was completely awed. “This girl does not deserve to die. The Lord has seen the good in human kind through the few that survived. One woman found a baby crying, one not her own and saved it from the angels coming to kill it, by giving her own life.” The angel stopped and looked at me, “And this girl showed the Lord they do listen.”
And that’s all I remembered from that night, all I know now is that I am now fast asleep in the arms of God as two weeks after that attack I blacked out and starved. I now look down at the humans, tears in my eyes and remember that dark place I called home.

 



© 2011 Roza Amel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aside from grammar and a few spelling mistakes, I can't think of anything at all to criticize. This was a very interesting read, and I'll certainly read the next chapter!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 25, 2011
Last Updated on May 25, 2011


Author

Roza Amel
Roza Amel

Funky town, CA



About
Hey, my pen name is Roza Amel. I am a fourteen year old girl who only writes for fun, I believe it would be amazing to get published but doubt that it'll ever happen. I enjoy being random at times, if.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Roza Amel


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Roza Amel


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Roza Amel