22nd July - Veins

22nd July - Veins

A Chapter by Rose
"

A bit graphic, floating veins in dreams. Surprisingly, there's a lot of faceless people in my dreams and dreams make little sense.

"
A murder was on the loose. 
Families were ordered to keep inside as the police searched for the unidentified terror of the night. I was the only person in the night seeking refugee, I found a house with its lights on and walked to the glass door. A man inside stared at me questioning my presence in such a situation, I convinced him to let me in claiming I was seeking safety. We were both unaware of her presence behind me. 

I stepped into a room of faceless people yet I hardly took notice as a deranged man approached the glass door, banging loudly. Had the owner locked the door? I leapt forward to lock the door and asked if there was a back door. The deranged man pressed his face against the glass and set his eyes on me, he began to lick the window. 
Our group believed this was the murder we were supposed to be hiding from, I became convinced I knew this man and approached him. I pressed my hand against the glass which gave way and shattered on the man sending him backwards, the back of his head came into contact with concrete. We believed we had killed the murder until a woman came out of the darkness her hand holding a knife, her grinning face splattered with madness. As I was closest to her she grabbed me and held the knife to my throat, threatening to do God's work. We moved into the house, slowly, pushing the rest of the people against the wall. 
I managed to slit the woman's wrists, ribbons of pink and purple gushing from her veins, no blood came out. I picked up her fallen vein and saw it resembled a tree branch, dropping it to the ground as I heard no-one in the room say
 'if she wants to slit her wrists then let her' 

I looked at my own wrists. They were wide open, branches and ribbons poured out around me, we tried to put them back inside me but we knew it was pointless. 


© 2018 Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on April 17, 2018
Last Updated on April 17, 2018
Tags: dream journal, lucid, series, entries, capturing memories, writing, vividity


Author

Rose
Rose

Australia



About
Rose, 21. more..

Writing
a comebacck a comebacck

A Poem by Rose