It's a beautiful Cloudy Day.

It's a beautiful Cloudy Day.

A Poem by Rosaria_V
"

For one of my best friends Lauren

"
One cloudy day, I remember it like yesterday. The rain seemed to fall differently that day. The sun seemed to hide away leaving the world feeling dark. All alone and afraid you grabbed my hand and said everything would be okay. Thank you for you made a rainbow shine on that beautiful cloudy day. You were my ray of sun when my world turned grey. Today is one of those days we thank god for, cause it's been such a long time since I felt this smile on my face. I no longer am afraid. My finger tips dance in the sunlight and my footprints leave a reminder of what I left behind. I let go of this dark place that kept me hidden inside. It's a beautiful cloudy day with the sun coming threw to shine a rainbow for god to show that he was watching over me and you. And every time I felt like I was going to fall you never let me go. For all the times I could not take one more step you gave me the strength to take one more. Today I see blue sky's, as my finger prints leave memories in the sands of time I will always remember that beautiful cloudy day when you were by my side. Thank you god for this beautiful cloudy day for you got me thew the storm. Let this rainbow from the rain leave a permit smile on my face and to never let me forget this beautiful cloudy day. 


© 2013 Rosaria_V


Author's Note

Rosaria_V
This poem is for one of my best friend Lauren who is battling (and winning) her battle with lukemia. I could not be more proud of her <3 I love you so much lauren

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Photo and poem are amazing. Good to have concern and love for a friend. Thank you for the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

11 Years Ago

Aww thanks so much!!
This is a beautiful tribute (almost like a thankful prayer) to your friend (kudos to her for winning her battle!). The repetition of the beautiful cloudy day is poignant and meaningful in this poem. Beautifully written!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

11 Years Ago

Thank u so much, that means so much to me and that's just what this is
Nice poem great tribute to your friend. Please keep it up,

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

11 Years Ago

Thank you and I will try haha
ayosonolowo

11 Years Ago

^^~^^~^..............
A lovely poem, may the clouds part and the sun shine for your friend.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

11 Years Ago

That means so much!! Thank you thank you
I hope she will conquer...A great tribute poem full of love and encouragement...Bravo

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much!! She is doing great :)
Sami Khalil

11 Years Ago

Good to know...You are welcome...:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

678 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 23, 2013
Last Updated on August 27, 2013

Author

Rosaria_V
Rosaria_V

NY



About
My name is Rosaria, Rosie for short :) I love to help people and want to be a teacher for children with special needs. This has been a passion of mine forever. ♫♥ Good things comes to th.. more..

Writing