Make a dream real

Make a dream real

A Poem by Rosaria_V
"

"Dreaming is believing"

"

When I was 16, sitting all alone in my room; I believed anything could happen for me granted some times were harder than others but I always managed to brace the storm. It was you that got me through, making my dreams seem real. I would stay up and stay I’m going to meet him one day, just wait and see. I would close my eyes and my dreams seemed to just take flight. Never did I think this dream could be real. I've learned to open my eyes to the little things that life hands you and take nothing for granted. I have always had faith and believed that good things could really come to those who wait. I turned my computer screen on and with a surprise a seed was planted and this feeling just seemed to grow, a feeling I have never felt before. I am introduced to a whole new world, so amazing and exciting but the closer I seemed to be the more I feel like I’m playing with fire but for once I don’t feel the burn, although the flames still frighten me. All I can do is wait on the sidelines and see what’s to come. Learning to keep faith and letting my fear go out the window because my love is so profound. Because when I was 16 I had this dream and never thought it would ever become reality. Please tell me if this dream real? Would you show me that what I’m feeling isn't just a fantasy and that anything I dream can become reality? I've never had a dream to call my very own and I believe that our two worlds would match beautify. Because I still feel that 16 year old girl and her dream when she first saw you even after all these years.  I have always believed in the faith of holding on to a dream never letting it go listening to what the good lord told her that anything was possible. Little by little I could see this dream coming true but you’re still just too far out of reach but I know eventually I will be able to touch the skies. As I hesitate from the fear of being hurt I can’t help but be drawn to you like a moth to a flame. I am attracted to your light. I have prayed so hard and have a strong belief. I still believe in that little girls dream all those years ago. Each day my heart keeps breaking because I’m afraid but then I’m reminded that anything you dream can be real, you are the one that makes it come to life. I will forever believe that good can because when you wait come some of the best dreams come to life that way and they are such a surprise. I thank god for this love I have found and for how long I've had it.  I close my eyes and I’m in my room again, 16 and see the dreams I had set for myself and if I can go back and say anything, forever keep your  heart open and believe that a dream can be real.

© 2013 Rosaria_V


Author's Note

Rosaria_V
I loved writing this one cause it was a little more personal but I of course had inspiration. I hope you enjoy my old classics :) I forgot I wrote this one!! haha Enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Really enjoyed this...and it's message. Never give up on your dreams, especially when one of them is love.
I am reminded of a line from one of my all-time favorite songs: Love has a selfish call...when you hear it, give your all.

Thanks for sharing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

11 Years Ago

I love that! Thank you Antonyo :)



Reviews

Really enjoyed this...and it's message. Never give up on your dreams, especially when one of them is love.
I am reminded of a line from one of my all-time favorite songs: Love has a selfish call...when you hear it, give your all.

Thanks for sharing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

11 Years Ago

I love that! Thank you Antonyo :)
Another piece that is wrought with beautiful emotion. You have a great voice in terms of your narrative and your "strength" of conviction. You get to the point, but you do it with style and grace. This was very touching indeed. Finally, inspirationally, this earns top marks. We must never give up on "the dream", we must never "settle".

Again, the only thing I can suggest is that, first this reads more like a short story or a piece of prose than a poem; again, completely fine, if that is what you intended. If you wanted to make this a poem, you would just condense it a little and work on forming some stanzas and line breaks, etc. Overall, though, I think you are a talented writer, because you show heart in your work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

11 Years Ago

You are so kind! Thank you thank you! :) I need to work on formatting for sure but this helps me so.. read more
I really enjoyed this piece. It indeed was very inspirational. We all have dreams, but it is those who endure life's tribulations that make and see those dreams come into reality. It's such a sweet sweet experience.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

11 Years Ago

Awwww thank you very very much!!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 16, 2013
Last Updated on August 18, 2013

Author

Rosaria_V
Rosaria_V

NY



About
My name is Rosaria, Rosie for short :) I love to help people and want to be a teacher for children with special needs. This has been a passion of mine forever. ♫♥ Good things comes to th.. more..

Writing