Keep a little faith

Keep a little faith

A Poem by Rosaria_V
"

Oldie but goodie haha

"

It’s 12 am, still thinking of the day I saw your smile. Even when I close my eyes your vision never fades; each day passing makes me feel both one day closer but I feel my heart drifting farther away. I gave you my heart not because you asked for it but because it found you and it won’t seem to let you go.

So I keep a little faith. Take some time to breath. I close my eyes and I can see my dreams coming to play and the stars in which they lay. I can see your beautiful smile and your hand fitting perfectly in mine.

 Trying my best not to lose my faith, holding on with my life for this love has me tied down. Then I hear you say to me that good things come to those who wait.

So I keep a little faith, take a little more time. Even in my sleepless nights your spirit keeps me alive, and each time I close my eyes I can hear the beating of your heart in perfect time with mine.

Each time my head tells me to let it go, my heart begs me to stay. Bringing me a little closer to this moment I never saw coming my way. Everything is screaming out inside and I can’t hear my own voice, but I’m somehow still standing here wanting to walk this road. Not knowing its winding trails or where they will go. I am following the light from my love burning inside of my heart.

So now I’m at a cross roads, for now with my heart and faith in toe. Will you catch me if I fall or will this hurt more then I will ever know?  But until that time comes… I will just take a little faith, give it some time, praying for that perfect moment when I would look into your eyes and tell you the things I never thought I’d have the courage to say. Only then will I know that this feels right because the best things come in the blink of an eye. So I’ll just keep my faith.

© 2013 Rosaria_V


Author's Note

Rosaria_V
This is one of my older writings, not too old but for sure not new haha I hope you like it and would love any advice on it if it needs to be fixed up a little more :) Hope you like it!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is beautiful in the prose poem format. I love the repetition of keeping faith and I loved the doubt mingled with knowing in this piece. This piece has a natural flow to it and really, I think if you tinkered with it much, it would lose that flow. Wonderful job with this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

11 Years Ago

Awww thank you so much!



Reviews

This is beautiful in the prose poem format. I love the repetition of keeping faith and I loved the doubt mingled with knowing in this piece. This piece has a natural flow to it and really, I think if you tinkered with it much, it would lose that flow. Wonderful job with this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

11 Years Ago

Awww thank you so much!
Great piece... Faith can go a long way in our lives. I myself have had many tested times where faith saw me through. Thank you for sharing...:-)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 16, 2013
Last Updated on August 18, 2013

Author

Rosaria_V
Rosaria_V

NY



About
My name is Rosaria, Rosie for short :) I love to help people and want to be a teacher for children with special needs. This has been a passion of mine forever. ♫♥ Good things comes to th.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


How How

A Poem by Rosaria_V