Yesterday

Yesterday

A Poem by Rosaria_V
"

For the moments that happen that can't seem to escape your mind.

"

It feels like only yesterday, you said my name for the very first time. Then in the blink of an eye we went our separate ways. Out of nowhere I began to see the changes. All the twists and turns life was handing your way, and you had to make decisions.

You always poured your heart out, but this felt all too different. I could see the worry and concern in your eyes turn into tears of sweet relief. Knowing your heart is grounded but was always here to stay.

As time moves on you leave little pieces of yourself to treasure while you were on your way. For the moments I miss you most and want you here, all I need to hear is the melody left from your heart and it feels like you never left. Singing everything will be just fine, having you near close to my heart your fears will disappear.

Now time is drawing near, it won’t be too much longer till the parts of you, you left behind will be replaced with a brand new song.

A brand new year, a brand new day, another precious moment closer. And all I want to hear is that you missed me too. I want to know about your journey, and all you’ve been through. Where the good lord led you and the beautiful person you have become.

It feels like only yesterday, we were saying it’s not goodbye how time flies. Then in a blink of an eye you walk back to me and my heart is overjoyed. Now I’m just taking a moment, taking some time to reflect.

It seems like only yesterday, it was heard for me to see, but now my heart could not be closer as your melody continues to play. Teaching me the words, good things come to those who wait.

© 2013 Rosaria_V


Author's Note

Rosaria_V
Haha ok so this poem is about meeting a person and not being able to really get them out of your mind. :) If you couldn't already tell I love gushy love poems haha but I try not to show it at times lol I hope you enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Outstanding write!!!...I can actually relate to this poem from a different perspective..My husband was recently in the military and he would always have to go out to sea and be away from me. I would be so sad when he leaves yet so overjoyed when he gets back...I love your work!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

11 Years Ago

First off I would like to thank your husband and your family for the sacrifices you all made for thi.. read more



Reviews

Beautifully written, Rosie! I've known people like this.. a recent one came back in my dream.. now that longing and desire is back and oh how I wish it was real! Your words speak magic and truth.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

11 Years Ago

Lori, you have made my night beyond words! Thank you so much
Ravyne Hawke

11 Years Ago

I am so happy I was able to give you a good night, Rosie.. keep writing your beautiful words and I w.. read more
Rosaria_V

11 Years Ago

Awww I sure will, and don't worry! I will read yours as well :)) thanks again xoxo
Outstanding write!!!...I can actually relate to this poem from a different perspective..My husband was recently in the military and he would always have to go out to sea and be away from me. I would be so sad when he leaves yet so overjoyed when he gets back...I love your work!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

11 Years Ago

First off I would like to thank your husband and your family for the sacrifices you all made for thi.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2013
Last Updated on August 15, 2013

Author

Rosaria_V
Rosaria_V

NY



About
My name is Rosaria, Rosie for short :) I love to help people and want to be a teacher for children with special needs. This has been a passion of mine forever. ♫♥ Good things comes to th.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


How How

A Poem by Rosaria_V