Chapter 1 (Unfinnished)

Chapter 1 (Unfinnished)

A Chapter by HeyxxJude

 

The bell sounded loudly, with an unforgiving, contemptuous, ring. Layla rushed through the hall, and slid as she turned onto the hallway leading to the auditorium. Out of breath, she reached the two towering doors of the auditorium. She could hear, even through their soundproofed padding that the principal had already started making his beginning of the year speech. She pushed her backpack further onto her shoulder, and pulled on the monotonous door with both hands, with all of her weight behind it. Her shoes slid on the floor as she pulled it open, and then she stepped inside. Relieved that she was able to do so quietly, she let the door swing close behind her, with a loud bang. Layla flinched and saw each of the five-hundred heads in that room turn around to look at what had caused the noise, and by extension, her. Layla pulled a stray stand of hair away from her face and smiled sheepishly. She reached down to pick up her backpack that had managed to work it’s way off her shoulder again, when she heard her name over the loudspeaker.

            “Ms. Patterson. So nice of you to join us. We were just about to start discussing the disciplinary actions that will be taken in response to lateness.”

            “I’m so sorry Dr.Cella, I…” Layla began to explain her tardiness, still out of breath from her hallway escapade, when Dr.Cella interrupted her.

            “This school has no tolerance for excuses either, Ms. Patterson. You would do well to take a seat and not make another sound.” He said sternly, with a small hint of disgust in his voice.



© 2008 HeyxxJude


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on February 23, 2008


Author

HeyxxJude
HeyxxJude

Garden City, NY



Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by HeyxxJude


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by HeyxxJude