Random Scene 3 (unfinished)

Random Scene 3 (unfinished)

A Chapter by HeyxxJude
"

Just another random scene to be stuck somewhere

"

 

And there she lay next to him, her head resting on his chest. She closed her eyes to listen to the soft thudding of his heartbeat, and too better feel each rise and fall of his slow even breathing. He was warm, warmer then she expected, even when the cold breeze picked up and blew over her back, she didn’t feel the chill. She seemed to fit in his arm perfectly. She felt safe. Scott took his arm out from behind his head and wrapped it around her. “I’ve got to tell you something.” He said, looking down at Layla’s peaceful face.

“Hm? What is it?” She said, smiling a little at the sound of his voice. She looked up to meet his eyes, which were still vibrant, even at night. What she saw in them scared her. They were nervous, anxious, scared, and a myriad of other things she couldn’t quite put her finger on. She had never seen him like that, never, the only Scott she knew was the funny, happy, loving Scott. Never had she seen any of these things before in his eyes, and it made her stomach tighten into a knot. He took a breath in through his nose and looked towards the skyline.

“Okay Layla, in all honesty, I can see myself with you for the rest of my life. I can see myself getting down on one knee and asking you to marry me. I can see myself at the altar with you, with both of our families in the rows, my mom probably crying, and I will exchange rings with you and marry you. I can see us buying a house together, possibly in Greenland, and spending the rest of our lives there, together, that is how I feel Layla, and I love you.” He released the rest of the air in his lungs in a quick burst, releasing the pent up anxiety. Layla was rigid, not able to believe what she had just heard. The thought that someone might actually care about her on such a level was completely baffling. She couldn’t wrap her mind around it. “But of course I omitted certain bits.”

            “What bits?” she managed to whisper, loud enough for Scott to hear. He took another deep breath, obviously becoming more confident in himself as time passed. He caressed her arm with his thumb and continued.

“Oh like a couple of parts like me taking you to prom, us going to All American, though I thought that was a give-in. On a really cold night, just sitting really close to each other, growing really old together, and just being right there, together, forever. I can see us having two kids. One a younger girl with long red hair, and an older boy with brown hair and eyes like yours, and I can see us loving those kids as much as we love each other. And finally, I see me and you, like in those old movies, sitting on the porch, you crocheting and I reading, and then our children pull in the driveway and they come out of the car all grown up to visit us.” She just looked up at him, taking in his whole expression, trying to analyze every bit of it. There was still something he wasn’t saying, and she wasn’t sure if she wanted to know what it was.



© 2008 HeyxxJude


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on February 23, 2008


Author

HeyxxJude
HeyxxJude

Garden City, NY



Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by HeyxxJude


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by HeyxxJude