25. Confessions of the Rape Preventer

25. Confessions of the Rape Preventer

A Chapter by R. Linskey
"

"

 



When I was thirteen, I luckily experienced a moment of doing purely nothing for a few days, holidays my masters called it. Is that why they forbid slaves to have holidays? Because from then on, I became the first slave to scheme up a retirement plan, that even slave owners would one day envy. 


I became an addict of holidays, and having a huge bank account maintains it. I managed to turn a profit on something naughty, which made me enough money to keep me work-free for six centuries! 


And a century of living is considered a lifetime well lived. I’m an infertile women, and alone, with money that can buy five more lifetimes of doing f**k all. So as a single mortal women with no heirs, I decided to combine my every earning and promised myself to spend all of it within my lifespan. So that when I die, I would perfectly be deemed bankrupt on the same day. 


I was set for life, so says the poets. I planned myself a whole life of living in luxurious rooms, detailed by f**k knows how many overpaid designers. My life consisted of hobbies that demanded nothing from my body. Making myself a rich, lazy, single female, with no means to do anything other than slacking. But all that lavish living was only meant for one century. 


During the Reduntian invasion of the Royal Palace, I saved Ceoda Moore from a possible rape. She granted me unlimited Exporta’s as thanks. And I was thrilled knowing that I could finally live past a century. And upset, knowing that I’ll have to cut down on my lavish lifestyle, in order to stay work-free for a total of six centuries. So Ceoda not only gave me an immortal life, but she gave me worries that only immortals could understand. That worry is money sustainability throughout a life that never ends. And I don’t want to work after my 600th birthday! 


So I hired some detectives to scout out the next public event Ceoda Moore would appear in. And she’s not the one to make public appearances common. You’ll be lucky to see her once a year, and her next public outing was at an auction house. I planned to go there and tell her the struggles she’d caused me, knowing that she’ll fund me an eternity of slacking if I was to ask. But the entry fee to the auction event is near damn my whole bank! I wasn’t worried about Ms Moore denying me of my demands, as she offered me to ask her for anything if needs be. So I traded my net-worth for an auction house entry ticket without much hesitation. And that ended up being the first real excitement I’ve felt since the day I experienced a holiday. 



© 2018 R. Linskey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on August 26, 2016
Last Updated on April 30, 2018
Tags: fantasy, sci fi, psychological drama, pov


Author

R. Linskey
R. Linskey

Edinburgh , Scotland , United Kingdom



Writing