Overcome

Overcome

A Poem by Charlie Andrews

Pain.

Heartbreaking, a horrible feeling accompanied by tears and emotion.

It kills....Pain....It hurts and hurts, until there is nothing left. Nothing but an empty shell, you exist, but barely. It cuts you down and destroys you until there is nothing...Nothing but your pain....Nothing but sadness. It eats away at your mind, at you soul! Until...Finally, you've had enough. But for some reason you can't get the knife to go deeper, can't manage to hit the vien. It just won't reach far enough, you can't make it work...Why would it? Nothing else does.

Scars.

Hiding them everyday, covering them up so people won't see the pain you are in. A smile lying to your friends and family, acting like there is nothing wrong, pretending as if your life isn't spiraling downard. You remember the scars, physical, mental...emotional. You dwell on them constantly, as if the only thing that keeps you sane. You hide them...Yet, just once...Just once, you want someone to see one, or ask you why your wrists are all sore...For one moment you want to know that someone cares enough about you to do something, to help. But why? Why let them stop you? They don't know. They can't know, its your pain, all yours! They can't imagine what its like to go through the hell you're going through. Whats wrong with them? The naive people, thinking they can help me, love me, care for me. Ignorance, they can do nothing but play along with my game, they can never know....I am weak.

Weakness.

You are weak with pain. Weak with the effort to go on, weak weak weak! Yet you hide it like its a disgusting thing...A wound constantly bleeding. You can't let them know you are weak, they will laugh and hate and never know that you are dying inside. That as their slanted eyes watch you, you notice...And you are in pain. They can never know how weak you are, no one can...They would kill you with their judgements.

I.

I see your tears, dried and hidden behind your mask. I see your blood red eyes, indicating you didn't sleep. I feel your pain, I feel your anguish, I feel your death. I see it. I see it all, I want to help, but can I? Can I allow myself to reveal to you a secret? If I know it will help, why do I keep it from you? Should I tell you how it will really turn out before you even know? Should I? I have to hide it all, just as much as you do...I have to conceal it, even from those I love....I know all sides of pain, I have felt it all... Is it worth it at the end? Thats your decision, it's up to you to chose which path you will take. It may sound like a wonderful thing to be a shell...But when the day is out, all you will have....

Is Pain.

© 2009 Charlie Andrews


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on July 30, 2009
Last Updated on July 30, 2009

Author

Charlie Andrews
Charlie Andrews

Auroro, CO



Writing
Hunger Hunger

A Story by Charlie Andrews