I am

I am

A Poem by Charlie Andrews

Since life began, I have existed. I have been molded and formed into what others want me to be. How people view me and feel about me makes me what I am. I am the darkness and the light, the hate and the love. I am normal and insane, hawk and dove. Gentle and harsh. The ocean's depths are my soul, the people are my heart. Wars on foriegn soil, tearing me apart. I am happiness and sad, peace and battle. I am time and eternity, fantasy and reality. I am all, yet none. My tears are the rain that falls down from the night sky, the sun that rises in the morn' then dies.  I am, I am, I am. I live I die, I'm the liquid seeping from your eyes, the last heartbeat as your organ flutters and dies. I am truth and lies, the greediest person, I give the greatest sacrifice. I... know no emotions, yet I feel the worlds anguish. I feel its hate, its sadness, it's love, it's happiness. What am I? I am everything, and nothing. I am terrible and wonderful, harsh and forgiving... Light and dark. I am the prophet and the w***e, the fool and the scholor. I am not real, yet not fake. I am your dreams and your nightmares, the moon and the sun... I do not exist, yet I am here. I was always here, and I will always be here... Sometimes you see me, others you don't. But I will remain evermore. As myself, who was never real to begin with.

© 2009 Charlie Andrews


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
A
WOW! Kept me wanting to read more. I love your writing! This couldn't have been any better...GREAT job! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Added on July 30, 2009
Last Updated on July 30, 2009

Author

Charlie Andrews
Charlie Andrews

Auroro, CO



Writing
Hunger Hunger

A Story by Charlie Andrews