Pg 4

Pg 4

A Chapter by One Last Drop...

On the plane he fell asleep again. And, as every other time he fell asleep, he dreamed of Imogene. But this time he went straight to the garden. Imogene was singing again, her voice light, high and beautiful.

Breathe into me and make me real; bring me to life…Wake me up inside, wake me up inside, call my name and save me from the dark. Bid my blood to run, before I come undone, save me from the nothing I've become…Bring me to life...

I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside,” Matt continued, knowing the song as well as she did, if not better. Imogene gasped and turned to face him, smiling when she saw him.

“You're back again. Thank you so much for helping me,” she added, standing and holding out her hand to him. He took it in his as before, twining their fingers together as they started to walk.

“I want to help as much as I can, Imogene,” he said softly, looking down at her. “I'll be in Perth in about six hours, so probably just after I leave here, and your mum is taking me straight the hospital to see you,” he added. Imogene smiled hugely and threw her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.

“Oh, thank you!” she cried, and Matt laughed, hugging her back.

“No problem,” he said cheerfully. Then he felt the familiar tugging. “I'll wake you up,” he promised, and Imogene nodded. Matt could have sworn she pressed a kiss to his cheek before he disappeared completely.

*

Matt was glad that he managed to recognise Deborah straight away. She looked much like Imogene, but older and with lighter hair. He made his way over to her swiftly.

“Hi, I'm Matt,” he said with a charming smile. “You must be Deborah.”

“I am. Nice to meet you,” she added, holding out a hand. Matt shook it politely, noting the similarities and differences between her and Imogene. “Shall we go?” she asked, and when Matt nodded took his backpack from him to lead him to her car.

*

When they reached the hospital, Debbie lead him quickly to the room where Imogene lay sleeping. She hadn’t asked any questions yet, but when he instantly moved to Imogene’s side and took her hand, she began to query him.

“So why do you think you know what to do to wake her?” she asked, getting straight to the point. Matt took a deep breath.

“I know this will sound strange, but please, believe me,” he pleaded, his sincerity transparent in his voice and face. “No matter what you think, please, hear me out.” Debbie nodded, and Matt began to tell her what he had discovered and heard in the past six weeks.

*

When he was finished, Deborah was silent and pale. Then she cleared her throat and spoke.

“So…so Imogene has been visiting you in your dreams?” she asked. Matt nodded. “How?”

“I don’t know,” he murmured, looking back to Imogene’s pale face, still beautiful as it had been in his dreams. “You'll have to ask her.” Then he looked to Debbie again. “I think I need to go to sleep to help her,” he said apologetically. She nodded, still pale, and smiled faintly.

“I think I need a coffee,” she said, and left the room. With a small sigh Matt looked back to Imogene, then laid his head down on the edge of the hospital bed and closed his eyes. He was asleep in seconds.



© 2008 One Last Drop...


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
Added on June 16, 2008
Last Updated on June 21, 2008


Author

One Last Drop...
One Last Drop...

Perth, Australia



About
Hi! Here's a little bit about me... I'm almost 20, studying to be a high-school English teacher. I work as a swimming teacher whenever possible, and I write a lot of fanfiction. My favourite mus.. more..

Writing