I'm not afraid anymore

I'm not afraid anymore

A Story by Beck Louise

I'm not afraid of the noises in the middle of the night, or the bitter midnight darkness. I'm not afraid because I hope they find me, the monsters under the bed and hiding in the wardrobe. 

The moment when I almost walk out in front of a car on the busy road only takes my breath away, because I was so close to making it all look like an "accident". I don't even look before I cross anymore. 

It's like I'm actively seeking the dangerous things in life, the things that could all end so tragically. Not for the thrill, for the chance, the maybe those things bring. 


I'm not afraid anymore, because I don't care. The only thing that does really scare me, is that I'm not scared. Death doesn't scare me. What have I become?

© 2012 Beck Louise


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Letting go of fear isn't something to be scared of are to fear. We all have to conquer our own fears in life. We all have our own battles and fears to tackle and if you continue to live in fear you can never grow past the point you are now. So you shouldn't feel afraid or scared, its your mind and body and soul releasing your fears and hurts and pains so you can start to move forward to them in a place where you don't have to live off of your fears and instead you can live in peace and happiness with where you are in life and with who you are.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I can say I've gone through this already. You need to conquer your fears. Quit fearing life and start living it. Don't get addicted to something to live. I find journaling thoughts and looking back at them helps you to configure what is going through your head and why. If you are religious, thumb through the bible to a random verse[I believe God will show those in need], write it down, read the chapter it came from, then write how that verse relates to your life and what it can do to help you. I found Proverbs 1:7. It turned my whole mindset. I have conquered every fear God has given me up to Romance Xp I'm learning ^.< But goodluck and don't let yourself get killed if you want yourself to die, it's suicide.

Posted 11 Years Ago


quarintine_deathangel

11 Years Ago

Also, if you ever need it e-mail me I'll give advice or talk.
Beck Louise

11 Years Ago

Thanks! I will certainly keep a journal:) though i am an atheist so i dont find much help in religio.. read more
Oh. My. God. Are you me? Like, you have to be this is exactly how I feel! For a while now I've been doing stupid things like cutting my wrists, just curious to see if a vain would break. I've been walking out in a crowded/ busy street with the knowledge that I MIGHT get hit by a car. I've been really really not careful with fire, or hot things. I used to look for bad wires. I don't anymore. Anyway, you seem to be just like me.

Posted 11 Years Ago


SmileBig :)

11 Years Ago

Haha yea. I would use that excuse but I don't have a cat! Lol now I need to get one. And yea ever he.. read more
Beck Louise

11 Years Ago

I hadn't heard it! but its an amazing quote to live by! :) Will need to write that one down for futu.. read more
SmileBig :)

11 Years Ago

Lol it's not such an amazing quote to live by because it's so sad, but it's my life summed up in jus.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

600 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 11, 2012
Last Updated on November 11, 2012

Author

Beck Louise
Beck Louise

United Kingdom



About
I'm Beck. I'm a writer focusing on women's fictions, drama, and historical romance. I am active on this platform again as of March 2023, so please send any read requests and I will make sure I ge.. more..

Writing