Trains

Trains

A Story by Beck Louise

I'll put on my clothes. Brush my teeth, and my hair. I'll put on my shoes, and skip breakfast, like always. I'll paint my face with make up and fake smiles. I'll say goodbye to my family, to my home. They don't even notice.


This train is so crowded, I go unnoticed again. Perhaps I've grown to like this. The ways that I'm used to, the ways I understand. My earphones drown out the sound of all the fake laughter, the drawn on smiles, the useless chatter. For the last time, I play the music over it all.


When I step onto the platform, my goal is clear. I take a leap and hope to disappear. It's a moment of pain, to end a lifetime of agony, and now I move on, to my eternity of nothingness. Maybe it was the right and choice and maybe not, now I'll never know.


That's when I wake up screaming, sweat pouring down my face. My hands are reaching out, trying to pull back my own life. Then I realise, it was all just a dream, not even a nightmare, but a vision, showing me what could be. That's the moment that I choose it; life.  

© 2012 Beck Louise


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Reminds me of that old country song: "Life Is Like A Mountain Railway"...
I found I wanted to keep reading more of this story. As though this were a very effective preface. I suppose because of it's impact like that, to me, it makes a good poem.
Thanks for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beck Louise

11 Years Ago

Oh wow, thank you :) I appreciate the very positive review! :)
Wow, amazing story.
Great write. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beck Louise

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much! :)
Wow, it was a very impactful and heartfelt poem. I am glad you chose life in the end.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beck Louise

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 8, 2012
Last Updated on November 8, 2012

Author

Beck Louise
Beck Louise

United Kingdom



About
I'm Beck. I'm a writer focusing on women's fictions, drama, and historical romance. I am active on this platform again as of March 2023, so please send any read requests and I will make sure I ge.. more..

Writing