Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Fo'surche

Chapter One

 

We’ve been friends forever; since the start. I never thought we’d end up this way, never. Two years ago, I had everything; the good grades, the perfect parents, and the reputation that everybody wanted, and I had the most amazing friend ever.

            It all started when my best friend, Drame asked me to come over and help his older brother (who had no hope in graduating unless I helped him), write his GED thesis paper. Even though Drame’s brother, Yulva, was still in high school, he was one credit away from graduating he could either chose to take his GED right away and right he thesis paper on why he chose his GED instead of going to high school another year and get his diploma.

            “Hey Camie! Yulva needs help with his GED paper, and seeing how you’re in almost all of the AP classes, he’s wondering if you can come and help him. So, when can you be over?” Drame quickly asked.

            “Well, uh, how does two sound? I need to go pick up some more balloons for my mom’s party tomorrow.” I replied.

            “Oh, hold on. I’ll ask him” and he put the phone down.

            For the next five minutes all I heard was muffled voices; Drame and Yulva, and Yulva sounded upset. Finally, Drame picked up the phone.

            “Hey, uh, do you think you can pick up the balloons later? He really wants to get this done.”

“Ugh, fine. Give me twenty minutes.”

“Camie, you’re the best. Honestly, you are.”

“You’re going to owe me one after this.”

“Alright, just get your slow poke butt over here!”

In less than ten minutes flat I was pulling into Drame’s driveway, with his smiling self on the front porch. Yulva was nowhere to be found, so Drame just showed me the way to his basement, which I didn’t need help finding seeing as it smelt like sweat and cologne. Yulva was still nowhere to be seen, so me and Drame just sat and watched TV until he showed up an hour later.

“Yulva! Where were you? You and Camie could of got this done in the time you’ve been gone.” Drame shrieked

“Shut the hell up. I was upstairs talking to Maria.” Replied Yulva.

The Maria that he was referring to was his girlfriend of three years; right now they’re on a bumpy road because of him not getting his diploma.

“Ready to get this over with?” Yulva asked me.

“As ready as I’ll ever be. What’s your main topic?”

“Well, uh… I don’t know. Why I failed Algebra I so many times?”

Chirp, chirp, chirp went Drame’s cell phone.

“Ugh, what does he want?” Drame sighed.

In the next ten minutes, Drame talking to a mystery person. This was going to be the longest two hours of my life.

“Hey, uh. Camie, Yulva, I gotta jet. Mike wants me to drop him off at a basketball game. I’ll be gone for an hour. You okay with that?”

Out of the corner of my eye, Yulva has gotten the slyest smile on his face I’ve ever seen.

 

 

 

 



© 2011 Fo'surche


Author's Note

Fo'surche
Kinda dry here and there. But review and rate:D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on August 2, 2011
Last Updated on August 2, 2011


Author

Fo'surche
Fo'surche

Pfft. Ya'll stalkers., WI



About
Hey people, :) well I'm here because I read too much and I love to write books. I even got kicked out of class for writing, ;) Love y'all! more..

Writing
Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Fo'surche