chapter 3

chapter 3

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Michael has unknowingly changed history.Instead of his predecessor killing Thomas,Michael did it himself.But one question remains.Who is behind the attacks and where have they taken the predecessor?

"
Much had changed since Michael went through the portal unwillingly.The world as he knew it had been altered drastically.People were never born,cities were never built,and places around the world never came to be. All because Michael's predecessor had been taken by force through a time portal.
"Who could be behind these strange happenings?" Michael asked himself whilst thinking of all the enemies he had made.But to his dismay,none of them seemed to fill the slot.
The town of Hawkes Bay had also been altered but not as bad as the rest of the world.Instead of technology being advanced,it was completely old school.Wooden houses and buildings,old fashioned clothing,and even old fashioned cars.But one building in particular had not changed.It was the town hall.It was massive and made entirely out or marble.It even had the big stone steps at the front entrance.
Michael was sitting on the steps of town hall when his next big trial would start.People were walking round taking notice of his out of fashion clothing.They all stared at him as if he were alien.One man picked up a stone and threw it at Michael.
"Get out of town freak!"
"Freak?!"Snapped Michael.He quickly stood up enraged beyond belief.
"Not so funny when the shoes on the other foot is it?"Whispered a strange voice.
"Who's there?!"Michael spun round trying to figure out who had spoken to him.That is when he took note of how every single person had become frozen in place.
"You think of yourself as a god but look how they all turn against you."
"Show yourself!"
A figure stepped out from behind the statue of the town mayor.They were wearing what looked to be a military uniform except for the fact that it wasn't camouflaged.The outfit covered every inch of the body but the face.It was also gold colored. The face was covered with some kind of helmet which had a visor to cover their eyes.Even the mouth was sealed off.
"So this must be my admirer?"
"You have been god like for too long.It is time someone taught you some respect."
"Nice voice changer.You sound almost as if you are out of breath."
"I am going to erase you from time itself."
"I protect this world,why target me?"
"I have kept watch over this world for as long as it has existed and with every threat that comes here, you seem to kill them."
"Kill them?I kill them to protect this world,nothing more."
"Now it is time for the Ablestine legacy to end.Your time has run out Michael,there is nowhere else for you to run."
"Stay out of my way and maybe I will let you live."
The strange figure turned to walk away when he stopped."My life is not the one you should be worried about."
Michael raised and eyebrow before he heard the sound of roaring.But not just any roaring.It was the roaring of a chainsaw. And it was coming from directly behind him.He spun round to see the doors burst open with a talk person standing there.He must have been seven foot tall with spikes sticking out of his back.He was not thin.He was actually quite chubby.He had not clothing,no hair,no genitals,just himself.And to cover most of his face was a fleshy looking cloth. In his hands was a giant chainsaw like nothing before.
"You have got to be kidding me."
The chainsaw was a meter and a half long.The blades were normal but the chainsaw itself was two feet wide.
"Now..."Michael spoke while he swallowing his own voice causing it to be squeaky."who...who is a nice fella?You wouldn't want to hurt old Michael now would ya?"
"You two boys have fun now!"Laughed the strange person.
The blades on the chainsaw screamed as its owner pulled heavily on trigger.Round and round went the blades of death while the shiny metal of the chainsaw reflected Michael's image.
"Tiny man is going to be mess." 
"Keep telling yourself that."Michael responded sheepishly. He spun round and made his way through the crowd of people.
"Run run tiny man.Me will catch you!"
Michael pushed his way through the screaming crowd.They had all unfrozen just as he made his move to escape.Michael eventually made his way through the crowd and down a side street which was  a market.He managed to keep well ahead of the chainsaw man by hurtling over carts,,sliding under stands,and bashing through fragile objects.All of the unlucky citizens who were left in Michael's wake,were unfortunately cut to pieces by the giant chainsaw.
"I need to lose this guy."Michael was now almost out of breath from running so hard causing his voice to be gasps rather than words.
"Come back tiny man!Me and chainsaw want to play!"
The end of the street was blocked off by a bigger stand.It was a bartering stand.There were dozens of people everywhere with random belongings.Michael was cornered.As the chainsaw man made his way towards him,the stands owner quickly slammed down the shutters to flee.All of the people turned to see what was coming and made a dash for life.
"What you do now tiny man?Nowhere to run."
Michael ran up to him and threw several punches square at his stomach.But it was like punching a brick wall.So Michael stumbled backwards whilst holding his throbbing hands. The chainsaw man used his right hand to smack Michael through the air,crashing against the shutters.
"God damn it!What is with this guy."Michael drunkenly got to his feet."Is that all you got?Huh?!You big pansy!"
"Little man going to die!"
"Your not so tough.Maybe for a dress wearing little girl!"
"You die now!" The chainsaw man pulled tightly on the trigger then swung it from left to right.The blades of the chainsaw tore through the shutters opening a passage.
"Thanks for the help stupid."Laughed Michael.He dove through the hole into the stand.But he remained low on the ground and began to crawl along the floor to the back.
"Where did tiny man go?!"
Michael made his way out of the stand via the only exit.A quick glance left then right,Michael made a jog down the alley he was now standing in.But as he thought he was in the clear,the chainsaw man burst through door with his chainsaw revving high above his head.
"Oh come on!"
"You die tiny man!"
"Oh s**t."Michael sprinted for dear life down the alley to try and escape.Once out he was slammed straight into a busy street of traffic.And since the cars were all slow,Michael had even more trouble trying to find a path  through.
As fast as Michael arrived on the opposite side of the road,the chainsaw man plowed straight through the cars sending them all flying sky high.The blades of the chainsaw  grated along the ground sending sparks everywhere.
"Give me a break man."
"Time to die tiny man!"
Very quick observation of all things around him,Michael noticed that there was oil on the ground from a probable car leak.
"Hey!Genius!"Michael's hands ignited with orange flames."Big mistake."
"Huh?"
Michael threw a fire blast at the oil making it instantly explode.The flames engulfed the chainsaw man within seconds.
"All in all.This turned out better than it could have."
"Nooooo!!!It burns!!!"
"It's fire genius,of course it's going to burn."
The chainsaw man fell on his knees as the fire swept across his body.Quickly like a rabid dog,the flames swallowed him whole.The chainsaw scraped along the ground before coming to a full stop of function.But the wielder did not.He screamed louder and louder until finally perishing.
"Good riddance."
The military man from earlier stepped out from the shadows.He was holding a sort of tv remote device.
"You destroy all you touch."
Michael spun round to face him."So my stalker returns.Let's say you take off that helmet and we settle this like men."
"Oh you'd like that wouldn't you?My name is Enreko."
"Don't bow to me,your not my friend."
"I see that my friend here posed no problem to you at all.Pity."Enreko pressed a button the device he was holding.Seconds later,the flames vanished.
"Who are you?Not your name,but YOU."
"In time you shall learn but for now...you have more pressing matters to deal with."
"What are you..."Michael saw high in the sky that a new portal had opened."Not this s**t again!"
"Try and protect yourself if you can!I don't count on you being able to though."
Michael tried his best to resist the suction of the portal but it was too much.He was pulled high in the air whilst spinning uncontrollably.He was thrown through the portal and out of sight.
"Good luck."


© 2015 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on May 21, 2015
Last Updated on June 2, 2015
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay