chapter 9

chapter 9

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Michael must free himself and kill his enemies.He must free humanity from Lucifer's clutches and destroy him once and for all.

"
The chains that lay round Michael's wrists were fastened that way for the next several months.There was no physical way to break them.No amount of tugging,biting,or banging,would break them.They were Michael's eternal torment.His flesh was melted by the handcuffs that held him prisoner.
"It is nearly here,I can feel it."
Michael rubbed his eyes as he awoke from sleep.He watched as Lucifer came striding into the room as if he had won the lottery.Something was noticeably different with him on this day though.A telltale heart sense was felt.Michael could almost taste it.
"The end is nearly here!"Sung Lucifer,twisting and turning,dancing around the room.He had one of the servant girls with him as he danced.
"The end is here?"Michael gasped out of fear.He had not thought it would come this early.
"Yes my friend,the end is nearly here!"Lucifer grabbed a scroll off the table and brought it to Michael.The scroll was actually a map of the world.
"What in gods name?"
The map showed every country in the world like any 2015 map would show.Even though this is far off in the future,the map was more 2015 style.Each country had a specific number written on it revealing the population still remaining.And it was not good.The only country with still visible life on it was New America.
"This map allows me to maintain the population of my cattle.I've been using it for years now.How do you think I found you so easily?"
"What do you mean?"
"I was heading towards your little hideout when a small blue light spawned on the map.This could only have meant one thing,the return of a man with power."
"That's how you knew where I was?B*****d."
"I had been hunting the leader of the resistance for years.Once I saw your little blip on the map,I instantaneously knew that you had come back and that you were with the leader."
Michael was the cause of the main resistance being found.His powers had given him away and his location.It all dawned on him that if he had not returned then maybe the resistance wouldn't be dwindling so badly.
"Why the long face Michael?Did something upset you?"Lucifer placed the map down whilst laughing hysterically.
"You son of a b***h!!!"Michael stood up and charged towards Lucifer.But as he readied himself to attack,the chains whipped loudly throwing him to the ground.
"Temper Michael.Wouldn't want to burst a vein now would we?"
The rage building within Michael was too much to bear.He got up and began to pull on the chains with all of his strength.Small cracks started to splinter around the base of the chains connected to the pillar.
"What do you think you are doing?Stop!"
Michael grunted as he tightened his grip on the chains.He pulled harder and harder until a loud noise rung out across the room.It was the sound of the stone pillar losing its grip of the chains,then flying through the air to the ground.
"Guards,seize him!"
"Oh yeah,time to F these guys a new hole!"Michael spun round to face the zombies charging right for him,the chain flying through the air in perfect harmony.
The zombies were wielding swords as they charged forth.Michael grinned as he flung the chain round the room making the stone end whip and slash them.One by one the guards fell on the ground in agony.But Michael wasn't done just yet.He noticed Lucifer sprinting towards the door so he ran after him.And even though there was a distance between the two,Michael swung the chains around Lucifer's throat and neck.With one strong thrust,Lucifer flew backwards followed by the sound of breaking bones.
"What's the matter,can't handle a little bit of payback?"Michael mocked while taking a deep breath.
Lucifer's lifeless body now posed no threat.One of the servant girls ran over to him and repeatedly kicked him in the head before falling back out of exhaustion.
Michael had done the impossible.He had killed the greatest evil to ever exist.He fell on his knees trying to break then cuffs that held him prisoner,but he didn't have to.The cuffs crumbled in to dust by themselves. For the first time in months,Michael was able to move his wrists freely.
"Finally.I have to give these babies a tan."
The sound of bones being broken rippled throughout the room.Lucifer was standing up straight with the servant in hand by her neck.Crack like lines covered Michael's predecessors body.They looked like flames beneath the skin.
"So you think you can defeat me?The prince of darkness?!I should have killed you when I had the chance."
"Yes you should have.But since you didn't,it is time for me to end this."
The second servant girl brought the sword Michael had been given by Bruce.But this time the words on the blade began to decipher themselves.It gave its name.The Blade of God. It was magnificent.It was made entirely out of gold,was a full meter long,was twenty centimeters wide, and didn't have a scratch on it.
"It has been  a long time since I saw the blade of god on the mortal world."
"So you know what this is?"
"The last time I saw it was when I was nearly beaten by god himself."
"Then let this be the last time you see it again."
Lucifer bowed his head then plunged his hand into the bottom of his neck.Crunching and ripping could be heard as he pulled out his spine.The spine was more of a sword now this time.It looked exactly like Michael's only made out of bone.
"Then come,face your death."
Michael let out a battle cry before charging forward with his sword clashing against the other.The two were locked in a battle of strength as they pushed their swords towards one another.Then with one motion,Michael broke free spinning round in a full 360 degrees and making a clean cut across Lucifer's back.
"You will pay for that!"Yelled Lucifer,grabbing Michael by the throat and lifting him high in the air.Lucifer then slammed Michael on the ground on his back.And whilst still holding onto him,Lucifer charged towards the throne dragging Michael with him.
"No!"Michael somehow managed to create a small spark of electricity from his finger tips allowing him to break free.
Lucifer gritted his teeth together as Michael slid beneath him and punching him in the balls.Once Michael was behind him,he drew his sword back then slammed it inside of Lucifer.The blade penetrated through and through.
"I will not be beaten by a mortal!"
Ripping the sword from Lucifer's body,Michael stumbled backwards to catch his breath.But this was not the end.The two suddenly met eye to eye before clashing swords together again.Lucifer opened his mouth wider than what a normal persons would,allowing a snake like tongue to protrude out.The tongue flicked back and forth before whipping Michael's face cutting his forehead.
"First date,no tongue!"Michael groaned as blood ran down his face.He grabbed hold of the tongue then pulling it further out.
"Et do iv mi tung!"Roared Lucifer,his speech obviously obstructed via the tongue grabbing.
Michael drew his sword forth and cut off the tongue in the center causing a black fluid to splatter everywhere.Both men staggered backwards before anything else could take place.Lucifer was furious.He was being humiliated by a human of all things.Black flames engulfed his entire body as he summoned a power he had long since used.He cast the black flames in a stream from both hands at a nearby wall forming what appeared to be a portal.
"Had enough?!"Mocked Michael.
"Laugh while you can you stupid boy!You are done for!"
A strong wind erupted from the portal which started to pull both men into it.Michael struggled to keep his footing as the winds suction grew ever more intense,so he stabbed the sword into the ground for leverage. Lucifer did the same.
"Just fall into the damn portal and leave this world be!" Screamed Michael
"After you!"Yelled Lucifer,lunging at Michael and wrapping his arms around his torso.
The sword which Michael was using as leverage,began to lose its grip.The ground holding the sword in place split open throwing the two men into the portal.Once inside the portal they both found themselves falling from a black sky and down towards a vortex of black water.The vortex was spinning in a clockwise flow.
"Oh s**t!" Yelled Michael as he desperately tried to hold onto his sword while falling.Then,with one deep breath,Michael plunged into the center of the vortex.
Lucifer's body clicked and groaned as he forced it to change.Out of his shoulder blades exploded a pair of bird like wings.They were attached to his arms from the shoulder blades to his wrists.So when he spread his arms out wide,the fleshy matter coming out of his back stretched across allowing him to glide.They had no feathers but instead made out of human tissue.
"Have a nice swim."
Michael tried to swim for the surface of the water but always found himself pulled under again by the force of the vortexes momentum.The water was thick like blood causing Michael's lungs to fill without mercy.He kicked and waded through the thick water trying so hard to escape but found no reprieve.He was only growing weaker by the minute.
"I always win!!!"Lucifer laughed hysterically.
A bright light broke through the dark sky and shone down upon where Michael was sinking.The water hissed and roared as the light broke through to the fading eyes of Michael.But there was a voice which spoke to him that caught his attention.
"Do not give up yet my son.The fight is not yet done."
Suddenly,Michael was lifted out of the water like  dust in the wind.He floated through the air before stopping.Then,without pain,angel wings sprung freely out of Michael's back.They were nothing like Lucifer's.They caused no pain,no damage,or anything.They sat freely on his back ready for use.
"It looks like the battle is not yet done."Chuffed Michael."Now you will feel the true power of god."
"This makes no difference to me at all.You are still only an insect!"
Michael used the wings to fly through the air and collide with Lucifer.When the two came together,a massive blast of energy exploded from within.It was like a bubble forming around the two before expanding.
"Just die already!"Yelled Michael as he punched him in the face.
Lucifer went flying backwards stunning him temporarily.Once he regained his mind he was able to catch a quick glimpse of Michael flying directly for him with the sword ready to kill. All he could do was watch as the blade pierced his flesh again,this time would hopefully be the last in Michael's thoughts.
"You runt!You will not kill me!!!"Roared Lucifer.He pushed Michael away then used the black flames to open yet another portal,this time though unknown to where it would carry them.
"Coward!"
Lucifer grinned before flying right through the portal.With rage in his heart,Michael followed close behind him flying through the portal.To his surprise he was in a place that seemed to look more like an illusion.The same city he had died in a full century ago,it was intact. 
"Back here?"
"Die!!!"Screamed Lucifer as he flew straight in to Michael.The force of the blow threw him onto the roof of a neighboring building.
"Ah...my everything..."Michael groaned.He had pulled himself up on his elbows to see what had happened.
With a massive thud causing deep cracks in the concrete roof,Lucifer stood proudly with sword in hand.He began to laugh like a maniac at the thought of being able to kill Michael yet again.
"This has been a long time coming boy!Only this time,I get to kill you the same time my past self does!"Lucifer pointed down to the city streets where the past Michael was now laying to be killed.
What was he to do?Michael was now in the exact same era that had killed him,ruined the earth,destroyed peace,and nearly exterminated mankind.Then it came to him.Lucifer had been too careless with his thoughts.He unknowingly brought Michael right to the same place where he had died before which gave him the perfect opportunity.
"Your stupidity has ended you!"Michael jumped to his feet and made a beeline for the edge of the roof.Once he hurled himself over the edge and fell to the street below,Michael sprinted over to Lucifer's past self and slammed the blade of god deep within his stomach.
The future self of Lucifer let out a cry of agony as he fell on his hands and knees in pain.His stomach now had a huge hole going right through it.The cracks that covered his body now began to shine through orange light.
"Noooooo!!!!"Screamed Lucifer.He looked as his crinkled hands as they started to turn to ash and crumble.
The past Lucfier looked Michael in the eye as the blade was ripped free from him.Horror spread across his face as he knew what had happened.With all of his evil,all of his power,he had become ignorant to even the basic ideas.He had sent himself back to his own death.
"You fool...look what you have done..."
"I didn't...he...no!This can not be happening!"
The past Lucifer fell on his a*s as the world around him blurred beyond comprehension.Everything was turning fuzzy.And by possessing the predecessors body of Michael,he had rendered himself mortal.So he fell back choking to death on his own blood watching as the world slowly disappeared right before him.
"I cannot die...I will always...always rule this world."
"You did once but now that never happened."Michael said so coldly as he watched the younger Lucifer die.The body then melted in to a brown liquid on the ground and faded away.
Lucifer let out one last cry as his entire body turned to ash and fell apart.He was no more.But that mattered little to Michael.He had beaten the oldest evil known to exist yet he felt nothing but emptiness for he knew what came next.
"I never existed."
The past self of Michael stood up in amazement."Who are you?"
Michael turned round and fell on his knees.His body was also turning to ash.So with one final breath he muttered his last words.
"I am a person that does not exist...look after this world...it will always need its protector."Then he crumbled in to nothing more than a pile.
The past Michael stumbled backwards not knowing what to do.After all,he had just seen himself die.But his mind suddenly surged with pain and knowledge as the memories that never happened,all unlocked.It was a present to make him never forget what had happened.Permanently burnt into his mind.
"I died then came back.The earth fell under Lucifer's rule for over a century with the human population dwindling.I became his prisoner which led to his downfall.All of it happened but it didn't.I killed the greatest of all enemies and yet the world will never know...guess there is some kind of irony in all of this,I suppose."
He wandered down the street as the world went on without worry.Apart from the damage done by Lucifer when he first entered the city,everything was fine.It never happened.But now Michael had a new calling.He had become Gods Champion,something his predecessor had never dreamed of. So he picked up the blade of god,a final gift from the heavens above,and headed on his way home.For he was and always will be MICHAEL ABLESTINE.


© 2015 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on May 14, 2015
Last Updated on May 16, 2015
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay