chapter 7

chapter 7

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Michael is now officially in on the fight against lucifer himself.All is falling into place.

"
Bruce pushed a button on the wall which activated an intercom."All personal are to come to the conference room immediately." 
"Very efficient aren't we?You seem to have gotten the spine for it."Scoffed Michael.
"I had to.I've been fighting it since the very beginning."Smiled Bruce.The smile was almost of arrogance.
"How is that possible?"
"When the war began...I was the first to fight in the army against Lucifer.I took a pledge to God that I would fight in his honor and win the war,but I was wrong.I was the first to fall...the first to die."
"How did you come back to life if you died?"
"I awoke on the battlefield days later still covered in my own blood.But next to me was a scroll written in a language that nobody understood except for me.Only me."
"God brought you back to life.He must have taken your pledge very seriously."
"Yes.I have not been able to die since."Bruce walked over to a sword hanging on the wall.It was magnificently crafted as if it were made in the dark ages.
"Why swords?"
"Guns and bombs no longer worked against Lucifer.Everything the military had failed.But one day,I was fighting in the battle.A sword fell from the sky like a gift."
"Hang on."Michael walked over to the sword and saw strange markings all over the blade."These writings come from God's hand itself."
"He sent it to me to help me fight.With each demon that rose against me,I laid them to rest."
"But how did your men get the swords?"
"As I read the language on the sword I also found that it spoke of being able to duplicate the sword by transferring the inscription other blades."
Michael ran his hand across the sword and found that all of the symbols lit up at the touch.He grabbed the hilt, then ripped it from the wall.All the cracks that were spread out across it from time,suddenly began to repair itself.
"It appears the sword knows its rightful owner."
Michael swung and slashed the sword in the air before stabbing it into the wall."I have nothing to attach it to."
"Here."Bruce handed over a sash.
"Thanks."Michael took the sash and  attached it to his upper torso.The sword now sat waiting on his back ready for usage.
The entire room shook violently as an explosion ripped throughout the underground base,nearly killing everyone in a shelter.The ceilings were cracking,the walls were breaking, even the floor was slowly starting to split.Then as one more bomb hit the ground above the base, all of the power went down.
"Michael!Where are you?!"
The sword on Michael's back emitted a bright blue glow illuminating the entire conference room.This light was used a source for people to find their way round.But as everyone was starting to calm down,the door to the room blew open and in walked Lucifer himself.He was still inside of Michael's old body.
"It's him!!!Shoot him!!!"Screamed Bruce.He pulled out his pistol and fired off a few shots.
Lucifer was like a blur to everyone as he appeared at Bruce and lifted him high off the floor by his throat.He tilted his head from side to side,almost as if he were trying to figure out something.
"All you humans are the same.God's creation."Growled Lucifer.
"Yeah,"Bruce put the pistol to Lucifer's chest and slightly pulled on the trigger."but we always fight back!"He fire a shot.
Lucifer quickly and swiftly snapped Bruce's neck with a twist of his hand.Then his head began to dart around the room looking for Michael.
"Come out come out where ever you are."Chuckled Lucifer."There is no point in hiding.Not going to show?Well then,I'm pretty sure that someone in here would be more than willing to show me to you."
Michael had put the sword away which took the light.Nobody could see anything except for outside the door.That was, until someone pulled out a flare and lit it revealing all.
"You see Michael.Humans are cowards.Always have been,always will be."Lucifer walked over to Michael and smiled."How did you escape my domain?"
"I had a little help."
"And who would help a damned soul?"
"I don't know who he was."
"It must have been that interfering messenger of God.Moses."
"Moses is a messenger?"
"He was always entering my domain then leaving it just as fast.He would aid those who had an importance of some kind."
"So looks like I will forever have god at my side.The way it should be."
"Don't get cocky with me boy.I rule this world now and there is nobody that can stop me!"
Michael got closer to Lucifer's face."Wanna bet?"
Lucifer struck Michael across the face,the force throwing him all the way to the other side of the room.He walked over to Michael then pulled out a pair of old shackles.They were huge  handcuffs with some strange language written on them.Lucifer slapped them on Michael's wrists.
"Enjoy your newest form of life...Bottom feeder." Lucifer attached a chain to the cuffs and pulled on them as he walked out of the room,treating Michael as if he were a dog.
"I will not go with the likes of you!" Yelled Michael.But he suddenly let out a scream of agony.The cuffs were red hot as if left in fire.Michael dropped on the ground as the burning metal scolded his flesh from his very wrists.
"I said come along."Hissed Lucifer through his teeth.
Slowly,Michael raised himself up from the dirt to his feet obviously struggling with the pain.But once he was standing, the cuffs were silver once more. He gazed round the room at the people but they all had their heads bowed.
"Don't let this happen!Do something!" Yelled one man.But he was silenced quickly.
A demon walked into the room.It looked like a zombie because the corpse had been reanimated by an actual demon.Its skin was grey and had pieces of flesh falling off.The demon walked over to the yelling man and plunged a wooden stake through the bottom of his mouth,pushing it up into his brain.He was dead.
weeping,Michael walked out of the room in tow of Lucifer.He was now done for.


© 2015 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on February 20, 2015
Last Updated on February 25, 2015
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay