chapter 6

chapter 6

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

The world has finally given way to madness.The people still living on it are slowly losing their body and mind,all of it going straight to the devil itself.

"
Lots of gun shots and explosions echoed throughout the underground tunnels causing people to rush about.Michael awoke on a small and poorly built stretcher.His head was like being on a hangover,his vision blurry.
The tattered man was standing in the large room talking to another person when one of the nurses tapped him on the shoulder.
"Ah, Michael." The tattered man walked over to Michael."Glad to see you're awake now."
"You piece of s**t!"Screamed Michael,lunging forward only to find that he was handcuffed to his bed.
"This is for the safety of not only you but everyone else.You've been out for roughly three days Michael."
"Three days?"
"Yes.And I know the welcoming party hasn't exactly been...warm...but we needed to take you in to help our cause."
"And what cause is that?"
"This war has been going on for a full hundred years Michael,it needs to end.We need your hand in stopping it before all if lost."
"By the sounds of things,"Michael raised his head towards the ceiling as an explosion erupted."this war was lost a long time ago."
"That is why we need your help.This world will cease to exist if action is not taken!I don't expect you to take my word, but for the love of god, help the people who are suffering!"
"I will help the people but when this is over...you...will...die."
"That I can accept."
"Unchain me."
"My name is Bruce by the way.Bruce Tannen."
"I don't care for your name."
"I know."
A soldier walked over to Michael and undid the handcuffs. The grip holding Michael down was finally released.
"Now I can move again." Muttered Michael,raising up from the bed.He glared at Bruce in hatred.A hatred he had never felt before.
"Careful Michael,I don't want to put you down."
"You can't put me down!No one can!"Michael grabbed a syringe off a table and held it at Bruce's throat.
"Kill me if you must but it will not solve our problems."
"Your right,but it would make me feel a whole lot better."
"Then do it.Show me your not a coward."
Michael held his thumb against the end of the syringe fighting back the urge to plunge it deep within Bruce's throat.Every fiber screaming at him to sink it in his flesh, to end his life.But something felt forbidden about killing him.Almost like there was some kind of fate preventing it. So Michael dropped the syringe on the ground,stepping back.
"I will let you live."
"Thank you."Sighed Bruce."This will not be forgotten."
"Just tell me what is going on."
Bruce ushered Michael to follow him.They left the room and went to a changing room.
"Get dressed.I think the gown has served its purpose."
Michael walked over to a yellow locker with his name plastered on it.Once open,Michael pulled out the contents of the locker.His clothing from when he died was now in his hands once again.
"My clothing?"Michael was confused.Someone has stitched his clothing back together.If anything,his clothes looked brand new.
"I had my men put together and exact replica of your old ones."
A smile spread across Michael's face as he put them on.His pair of jeans,red shirt, and his belt.His back pocket was modified.It had an unlimited space charm placed on it when it was created.This pocket was taken from each pair of jeans to the next,always preserving it for future use.
"Thank you for saving these.It means a lot."
"Glad to have helped."
The two men left the room and walked down a long corridor which led to a conference room.There was a glass table in the middle with a holographic image of a battle field.
"This is the room where everything is monitored.The images you are seeing is where the biggest battle ever,is taking place as we speak."
Michael walked over to the hologram and waved his hand through it.
"This must have set you back quite a bit of money."
"Money no longer exists in this world."
"Money no longer exists?That's a good thing in my books."
"You don't understand.With the war going on there was not enough finances to fund the resistance.Once we abolished money,the war went on effortlessly."
"As I said,it is a good thing."
"Enough games Michael.Will you help us fight?"
Michael walked around the rest of the room admiring the technology and equipment that had been set up.It was very advanced.
"Michael!"
"Yes."


© 2015 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on February 17, 2015
Last Updated on February 20, 2015
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay