chapter 5

chapter 5

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

The world is falling apart at the very seems. Michael must hurry if he is to succeed in defeating Lucifer.He is the only chance remaining.

"
Michael took in the scene that lay before his very eyes.The city which he once lived in, was now gone.It stood as nothing more than a pile of rubble at his feet.
"My god.How could this have happened?"
"Michael."
A man came walking out of the shadows scaring Michael.He looked ragged and beat up.His clothing was tattered and torn,his hair was a mess, and he had cuts all over.
"Who are you?"
"You died a century ago.We have been waiting for your return."
"What?!A century?"
"Yes..."The man was doing something strange with his hands while talking."the world has been ravaged by the very evil that killed you."
"What are you doing with your..."Michael stiffened when he felt a knife press against his throat from behind.Next his arms were pulled back from behind also.
"Make no sudden moves."Growled a voice.
"You son of a b***h,you set me up!"
The tattered man laughed to himself as he pulled a large hunting knife out of his boot.He walked over to Michael with a sort of skip in his steps.
"The world has changed since you died Michael.We all have to fend for ourselves now."
"What?Mugging?Killing?"
"We don't use such words as that anymore."
"You disgust me.This is not the world I fight for."
"Then do something about it Michael.Make the world a better place...".The man got closer to Michael."but first we need to ask something of you."
"Like what?"
"When you save this world from the dark ruler,who will be remembered for aiding you?"
"SO that's what you want huh,recognition?"
"That is the only thing we want.If help you out,you leave our names in the book for assisting you."
"Doesn't look like I have much of a choice now do I?"
"Good." The man pulled out a purple crystal and handed it to Michael."Drain this."
"What the hell is it?"
"This is the very crystal which gave your predecessor his powers.Absorbing this will give you the necessary energy to take on this war."
With Michael now free, he took the crystal and studied it.It was cut precisely to the shape of a cube. but still retained its sparkle.
"How do I absorb it?"
"You need to link it with your body."
Clearing his mind of any thoughts, Michael began to wonder whether it would actually happen.He closed his eyes, took a breath of fresh air, then felt a fuzzy feeling wash over him.When he opened his eyes he could see small electrical volts running up his arms. Then they attached to more parts of his body until his entire front was consumed by the energy being released.
"It hurts!!"
"Just hold out a couple more seconds!"
Michael could see small droplets of blood running down his arms as the volts sank beneath his skin.He was lifted a meter off the ground,hovering there like a feather.
"It's working!"
"What's happening to me?!"
"The energy is transferring from the crystal to you!"
A purple light erupted from Michael's body nearly blinding all those around.Then with a blast of air pushing everyone over,Michael fell on the ground unconscious.The tattered man along with the woman, lifted Michael up off the ground.
"We need to get  him to the bunker."The man saw the woman staring blankly at him."Move!"
'Yes sir."
The pair carried Michael for the next two hours before  finally arriving at a stone wall with a small hole carved into it.It was high enough,long enough, and thick enough for people to see only eye view.
"Open the door!We finally have him!" Yelled the tattered man.
"Who?" Replied a voice.
"Michael Ablestine."


© 2015 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on February 12, 2015
Last Updated on February 18, 2015
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay