chapter 3

chapter 3

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

The truth has been revealed to Michael.He must now plunge through the fires of hell if he is to gain passage to earth.A long and deadly road.

"
Michael grabbed the metal bars of the cell and began to pull on them.His arms emitted a light blue glow the harder he struggled against them. Then, just as he was ready to surrender to the metal bars, they bent open allowing an escape.
"Yes!"Cheered Michael,squeezing through the bars. Once out, he stood on a very small ledge just outside of his cell.
"Hey Michael!" Frank had something in his hands."Take this.I got it off one of those beasts a long time ago.I can't use it because I don't have any powers like you."
"What is it?"
"Some kind of torture device.The hilt of the sword is pure gold, but for the blade...well...I've seen them use it but because they are not human.I take it that only angels and demons can use these items."
Frank tossed the hilt to Michael.The hilt almost bounced out of Michael's hands whilst trying to catch it,but luckily he caught it.It was a perfect fit for his hand.
"Thank you friend.I will repay this debt one day."
"Repay it by killing lucifer!With his death, we all shall be free."
Michael nodded his head in agreement then started climbing up towards the top of the cliff. It was a hard climb due to the fact that there was nearly no ledges to hang onto,but Michael did not let up.He simply used his strength to launch up higher to grab out of reach ledge.
"Heavens above.Give me strength to overcome this trial."
Just as Michael was nearing the top, a huge crab claw came out of a hole in the wall.It was covered in smaller spikes,had a purple tinge,and was big enough to fit around Michael's entire torso.The claw ripped him off the wall and into the hole.It pulled him through the hole before dropping him on a spongy surface.It was mushy,pink, and dripping blood.
"What the hell?" Michael gathered his balance and gazed upon the creature that the claw belonged to.
"Another tasty morsel for me to eat." Spoke a deep voice.
"What in gods name are you?"
The creature was a giant spider bit had two giant crab claws.Its body was grotesque.Spikes,hooks,holes, and blood, were all across the body of the creature.
"I have no name.I eat the vermin like you that try to escape hell.So many of you end up in my belly." 
Michael noticed that the creatures face was human like but had no nose.
"I will not end up in your belly beast.But I will cut through you."
"Oh really?And how do you presume to do that?"
Michael took the hilt out off his unlimited item pocket.At a single touch, a sword shot up out of the hilt.It was made out fire but still had a physical appearance.The fire seemed to be contained inside of an invisible shell.
"I will cut through you with this."
"How can a human use one of those?Only angels and demons can equip them."
"That is where you are wrong."
The creature let out a mighty roar then lunged at Michael.It swung its claws at him trying to knock him off his feet, the strikes narrowly missing.Michael used the spongy material as a trampoline to launch himself high in the air, then come straight down on top of the creature.He took the sword and plunged it deep within the brain of the creature.
"My head,my head!!!You will pay for that when I catch you!"
Michael removed the sword before jumping onto a nearby ledge.With the sword in hand,Michael used his sticky grapple to hook onto the roof above the creature.Once high in the air, he came crashing down upon its head once more, this time the sword penetrating its brain far deeper than before.
"Get off my head!!"The creature let out a massive groan then grabbed hold of Michael in one of its claws."Now let's see you get out of this!!!"
Michael wiggled his arms free then stabbed the sword into the claw holding him.The fire pierced through the shell of the claw forcing the creature to scream out in pain,letting go of Michael.He fell on top of its head for the last time and plunged the sword into its brain once more.This time the creature let out a whimper before dropping dead.
"Piece of s**t.Never underestimate me."Michael let out a sigh of relief as he stepped back."Phew...what a relief that is."
Michael exited the cave the same way he got into it,immediately ascending towards the top of the cliff again.But this time he was able to reach the top.He pulled himself up onto the cliff taking in the view before him.All he could see were two huge gates.He could not see through or past them, they were too large.It blocked the entire path off for Michael.
"Ah s**t."


© 2015 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on February 10, 2015
Last Updated on February 11, 2015
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay