chapter 13

chapter 13

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Michael is gone.Leaving the only part of him to another person,his powers.The world is still in turmoil and crying out for help,so now balance must be restored.

"
Mark stood on top of the building that his family had built. He stared out over the remaining  carnage still burning from the war. The ground was littered with the dead bodies of the fallen,the murdered, and the forgotten. All of it dawning on Mark that it was his families fault.
"This would never have happened if my family kept to itself."He leaned forward to get a closer view of the debris below."Seems like such a long time ago that all of this was peaceful."
Meanwhile,somewhere in the depths of hell.Michael awoke to find himself chained to a wall.His arms were at an angle because of the chains,so too were his legs. All limbs were chained to a corner of the wall.
"What?How did I end up here?"Michael groaned.He suddenly stiffened up when he heard a very deep voice begin to speak to him.
"Ah,Michael.How glad I am to see you again."
"Who's there?"
"You know all too well who I am.I have been waiting for you for a long time."
"Oh god..."
"No Michael.Just me."
"I did nothing wrong to end up here."
"You wished for the death of god.That is a sin that no other man can outdo."
"I was enraged,I did not mean it so!" Michael began to struggle against the chains holding him to the wall.
"You no longer possess the powers given to you as an infant Michael, you gave them up."
"How can this be?I helped save the world?!"
"Yes you did,but you also took the lives on innocence as you did so.Now you are in my domain,my home,my eternal prison."
"I will not stay here!"
"You have no say in the matter.In fact,I have a very special surprise for you."
Michael pulled tightly on the chains to free himself but to no success.He watched as a huge figure came out of the shadows towards him.It was too horrific to describe.
"You Michael,shall be my vessel,my way out of this prison.You shall be my escape!"
"Nooo!!!"Michael screamed in agony as the figure turned in to some kind of dark red ash then swarmed him.Every hole,every orifice, was left open like a door.The ash sweeping through his entire body consuming him.Once it was done,Michael went limp.His mind burning in agony.
"Free...at last."
Years later,once the world repaired itself yet again...
Mark now took on the name of his predecessor.He was now known was Michael Ablestine. He took the name to make sure that it would never be lost, never be forgotten,never be held in vain.
Michael was doing free running across the sides of buildings and roofs using the sticky grapple that had been created years before. He was happier than anyone could be jumping from surface to surface. But once he got on top of a building he could see something strange off in the distance. It was a gathering of dark clouds heading towards the city.
"Wonder what that is." He walked across the rooftop to get a better view."Damn, that can't be good."


© 2015 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

read at own risk

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on February 3, 2015
Last Updated on February 4, 2015
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay