chapter 4

chapter 4

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Jake is now going to have to make a life altering decision.He will have to run for his life and save his family

"
Jake laid back on the couch once he got home from work.It had been long and draining day for him,so this was going to be good for him.
"How was work?" Asked Janice.
"It was a killer day.My boss jumped down my throat even though I did exactly as told,then I accidentally shredded the wrong papers so I had to start all over."
"Sounds like a real full on day."
"Yeah."
At that moment,the two children walked into the house from school.
"Hi daddy!"Called Eliza,running over to him and hugging him tightly.
"Hey pumpkin.How was school?"
"I hurt myself on the jungle gym."
"Let me have a look." Jake crouched down and had a look at the scrape on his daughters knee."This doesn't look too bad.But just to be on the safe side,dad will give it the special touch."He brought her knee to his face and kissed it better.
"Thanks daddy.It feels better now." Eliza skipped off merrily to her room.
Janice walked over to Jake and smiled.
"What?"
"So much for being the big, strong man of the house."
"Funny."
"I love how close you are with the kids Jake.It brings back a lot of good memories."
Jake got up and kissed her passionately.
"I would do anything to protect my family."
"I know you would."
Later that night,Jake went to bed with a clear head.But something was still troubling him on a massive scale.The vision he had had that morning was something he could not forget.The more he thought about it,the more it caused his head to hurt. But he finally managed to fall asleep.
Janice ran to the shore line of ninety mile beach.Her hair was a mess and her clothes were torn and tattered. She was on her knees crying for some unknown reason. Jake walked over to her and tried to comfort her,but when he reached out towards her his hand went through her body as if it were none existent.
"Janice?What's wrong?" Janice did not reply,she simply carried on crying."Janice?" Jake got a fright when she her head suddenly spun round a full 180 degree turn.She was crying tears of blood.
"Why did you abandon us?!Everyone is dying!!!"
"My god!"Gasped Jake,stumbling backwards at the sight."What has happened?!"
"The end of the world." Janice's face cracked like porcelain then began to shatter inside of itself. Her entire body did the same until she was a pile of porcelain on the ground.
"No!No,no,no!!!" Jake fell on the ground trying to scoop up the pieces."This can't be happening."
Everything around Jake began to shake violently. And with one final glimpse, a mushroom cloud erupted from the ocean hundreds of miles away. And behind him was the unmistakable sound of someone or something huge walking towards him. Jake turned round and saw a giant figure walking in his direction.The figure was as tall as than any building known to man,but not as big as the empire state building.
"My god." Jake slowly stepped backwards to take in the full view of the figures size."How can something like this exist?"
The figure was surrounded by a thick shroud of black smoke concealing its true appearance.But the fire that was pouring out of its mouth was not hidden.No,that was the one thing that was visible.
"Jake."Called a very deep but loud male voice.It was so loud that it was nearly ear piercing.The figure got closer and closer to Jake before it took one last stomp,its giant foot coming straight down upon Jake.
"F**k!!!"Jake sat up in bed with a cold sweat.
"What's the matter?" Janice pulled herself up on her elbows struggling to see in the dark.
"I thought..."Jake looked at her with disbelief."I saw...explosion...you..."
"What are you muttering about?"
"I don't know...I really don't."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on August 19, 2014
Last Updated on August 24, 2014
Tags: religion, horror, action, adventure, doom


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay