chapter 3

chapter 3

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

The destruction has begun.How will mankind stand up to the inevitable fate? Only time will tell.

"
Mr Burtcham ran to the door of the control room and sealed it shut.He stumbled backwards against the wall in fear.
"Oh god..."Loud banging at the door scared him even more."Go away!" Just as Mr Burtcham yelled he suddenly heard a voice he had not in years.
"Nathen." Spoke a female voice.
"Barbara?"
"Yes."
"How can you be alive?"
"Open the door honey,I want to see you."
Mr Burtcham walked to the doors control panel and typed in the code.But as he was getting ready to open the door,the sudden realization of what was going on hit him.
"Your not my wife!"Mr Burtcham sealed the door fully once more."Forgive me."
Loud bangs rippled throughout the control room. Then the sweet and angelic voice of Barbara became more demonic.
"Open the f*****g door!!!"
Gunshots gave Mr Burtcham a fright.The sound of banging stopped and instead turned in to the sound of heavy foot steps heading straight for the room. Fear gripped his heart the foot steps got louder and louder before stopping right outside the door.
"Open the door or we will blow it open!"
"How do I know whether or not you are human?!"
"Open the door god damn it!"
"Is that...Lieutenant Marshal?" Mr Burtcham opened the door to find at least a dozen men aiming their guns at him.Heavily armed soldiers had the entire facility under lock down.
A man with grey hair stepped out from behind the men. His name was Lieutenant Marshal.He had been sent in by the American government to contain the growing situation and prevent it from escalating.
"Hello Burtcham."
"Marshal."
"I think you know why I am here."
"It can only be by means of the government sticking their hands up your a*s."
"Do not test me Burtcham,I don't like being messed around." Lieutenant Marshal placed his hand on a pistol hanging from its holster."This situation is growing."
"Something happened just now so how did they hear of..."Mr Burtcham suddenly realized."They didn't know it happened.They sent you despite my best efforts to contain this."
"Come on now Burtcham,we both know you could never contain something like this." Lieutenant Marshal got close to Mr Burtcham's face with an evil smirk."You never were good at standing strong."
"I'm a scientist not a f*****g soldier."
"Come on Burtcham,no need for such language."
"Go to hell!"
"This place is hell."
"Very funny."
"I'm not joking.This may sound bazaar to you but the catholic church has been working with the government now for quite some time."
"Since when?"
"Since the American government was first founded."
"Bullshit."
"No.This is information that nobody was ever suppose to find out or else it would make them seem weak.Do you know how much of a target that would make America?Hell,it would be like ringing a damn dinner bell for the hounds."
"The church has been working with our government all along?But why?"
"In the dark ages when the plague came about,the church fell on its knees nearly wiped out.Once America was founded and built the church discovered a new way to remain in charge without anyone knowing."
"So they lied?"
"They had to remain hidden."
"And why are they interested in this place?"
"For the past few years they have been tracking the element leaking from this spot.Quite frankly,when they found out what the element really was,the church sprung in to action to make sure the public never found out what it really was."
"So they lied."
"No."
Mr Burtcham made a weird face.
"Okay so they did.But it was to protect the modern world."
"The modern world?"
"Today."
"And why this place?"
"These gases being emitted from the pit are fumes from the fires of hell."
"The fires of hell?Really?"
"Men,"Lieutenant Marshal signaled two soldiers to arrest Mr Burtcham."arrest this man."
"On what charges?"
"Treason."
"This is an outrage."
"This is the American government containing a threat.YOU included."
Mr Burtcham struggled against the handcuffs as they were applied.
"You can't do this Marshal!!!"
"I just did."Lieutenant Marshal walked over to the window looking out over the pit."This is not going to get out of control."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on August 2, 2014
Last Updated on August 19, 2014
Tags: religion, horror, action, adventure, doom


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay