chapter 2

chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

The end of days has come and this is where it begins

"
Jake sat at his desk with pen in hand.The sunlight shone brightly through his office window allowing its enticing warmth to flow down upon his face.Then,without warning,everything shook violently.
"What the hell?" Jake stood up from his desk and turned his attention outside."What the hell is that?!" Outside the building and down in the street,people were fleeing for their lives. A truck had been speeding out of control and eventually crashed into a building which caused the gas tank attached to it,to explode on a massive fireball.
Jake didn't know what to think.He just gazed down to the street below as gasoline and fire spread across the area turning everything in to a bloody mess.He shook his head in disbelief at the thought of him being in that crash. Thank god he hadn't been or there would have been a very upset family.
Meanwhile,in Turkmenistan, the containment facility was now under full pressure.Hours had passed and the toxic gas was spilling out into the air.All personnel had to wear bio hazard suits to make sure they did not get contaminated.
Mr Burtcham was at the front line when things were about to go very wrong.He was in the control room looking down into Karakum.He watched in fascination  as what looked like a disfigured human begin to drag its way out out of very center of the hole. But it didn't have a physical form,it was more like heat waves or gas fumes.
"Are you getting this on film?"Snapped Mr Burtcham.
One of the aiding personnel had a camera in hand and was recording everything.But what was being recorded was different to seeing it through the naked eye.The camera could visibly pick up some strange creature crawling out of the hole. It looked human but had no skin,every bone visible, big gashes in its head and body, and all of its limbs were longer ending with sharp tipped fingers/toes.
"Sir,I think we should get the men out of the hole..."One of the assistants begged.
"Shut up!This discovery is going to change the world!"
The two men that were in the hole hours earlier were still in it.The one who had become paranoid about demons,was on edge even  more due to the fact that he could actually see the creature.Unlike the other men at the base,he was a holy man and was able to see the unholy vermin.
"It is getting hotter in here!" Moaned the normal worker.
"Do you see it?" Asked the paranoid worker.He was pointing to a spot in the hole.
"I don't see anything."
"How can you not see the..." The man froze when the creature dragged itself up onto the platform.Its eyes were as black as night and its burnt flesh was brown from decay.Its skeletal structure was visible in certain places but not too much.
"I can smell your fear."Whispered a soft yet deep voice.
The paranoid man held two fingers over each other like a cross."I hear no evil,see no evil,fear no evil."
The creature stood up tall revealing its true size.It was a full two feet taller than the man himself.The creature smiled an evil grin at the man as it slowly walked towards him.
"So you fear no evil?"
"No."
"You lie.I can smell the fear pouring out of you."
The normal man was watching as the paranoid one appeared to talking to himself.
"I do not lie.I am a man of god."
The creature was now only a few inches from his face.It slightly arched its head back before leaping forward grabbing him.It pulled him to the ground and began a vicious assault on the man.
Mr Burtcham was watching in horror as the man in the hole fell on his back and began to roll around.
"Sir!We need to get him out of there!"
"Silence!I want to see what happens!"
The man holding the camera grabbed Mr Burtcham by his shoulder."I will not be held responsible for someone else dying!"
"You take your orders from me you got that!And I order you to keep filming!"
"F**k this!" The camera man ran out of the room and headed for the entrance to the pit.Once there he swiped his card and opened the door."Get out of there!!!"
The normal worker spun round and ran through the door."F**k this.I am not staying around that freak!"
The camera man ran over to the second worker to help him.But what he found would scar him for lie.The mans face had patches of brown bruising all over it.His eyes had sunken in as if they were removed,only black circles were in their place.
"Are you okay?"
The worker slowly stood up."Fine."
"You look like s**t."
"I feel better than I have in years."
"Are you sure?"
"Crystal." Then he spat some blood into his bio hazard suit.His head turned purple before it suddenly erupted in a bloody mess inside of the suit.
"Jesus christ!!!" The camera man staggered backwards in pure terror.But the worst was yet to come.He felt a strange sensation was over him preventing him from moving.His entire body body began to feel heavy as if he were dying.His eyes turned blood red and his skin began to turn  dark brown.
"I can smell your fear."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on July 30, 2014
Last Updated on August 2, 2014
Tags: religion, horror, action, adventure, doom


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay