chapter 1

chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

The world is ordinary is it not? Well maybe you should take a look at your next door neighbor,or the milkman,or the delivery boy...Not all of them are as they seem

"
Jake Fetching woke up in bed with a massive headache.This had been occurring now for several weeks and had become quite worrying for him.He had seen his doctor and found to be perfectly healthy.Healthier than a horse in fact. It was as if something was wrong but not visibly. It made no sense to him.
Jake lived in Oldmin City,New Zealand.He was 39,had a wife,and two kids.Their names were Janice,Ted,and Eliza Fetching. He lived a normal life apart from the constant supernatural occurrences that took place there.
"Good morning world."Groaned Jake,pulling himself out of bed.He staggered about before walking to the bathroom attached to his bedroom.He stared at himself in the mirror,his mind full of disgust as to how much facial hair had grown over night.
"Hey there good looking."Janice came up and hugged him from behind."Didn't hear you get up."
"Good thing you didn't,my headache is still there."
"My poor baby...what did the doctor say the other day?"
"Nothing that will help me." Jake turned the shower on and got undressed.His body was crafted as if by god itself.He had a body that every woman wanted.A huge muscular build.
"I will call you when breakfast is ready."
"Okay." Jake got into the shower letting the water cascade down every inch of himself.The morning air made the hot water sting his body as the two reacted together. But something else was bothering Jake.He leaned against the wall began to feel nauseated. His mind was racing at 100mph before finally causing him to pass out.
A vision started to play in Jake's head.It was all broken and static even though it was in color. A lone man stood on a cliff looking out over a great meadow full of animals and other creatures.All of it was heavenly. The man was old and his hair extended halfway down his back.
"Who are you?"Asked Jake.
The man faced Jake.The appearance was that of sadness.
"Something is coming Jake,you need to be prepared."
"Who are you?"
"That is not necessary.What is necessary is that you survive."
"What does that mean?"
"A great evil is coming and so too is the end of days.Be ready for this my son,for the fate of the world may rest on you at some point."
"Wait,what?"Jake's vision began to blur."Who are you?"
"Get to the top of the north island Jake.There you shall find safety."
Jake suddenly found himself standing in the shower again.He shook his head to try and rid himself of the weird things he had just seen and heard. Who was the man that had talked to him?Where were they standing?And what did the person mean by what was said?All of it made Jake wonder if he was losing his mind. But soon events would come to light and change everything for him.
"Jake?!Are you okay in there?!" Yelled Janice.
"Y...yeah...I'm fine."Lied Jake.He stared down at his hands and found  a dandelion sitting in his right hand."What?How did..."
"Breakfast is on the table!"
Jake turned off the shower then hopped out.He stood on the floor mat so he wouldn't fall over.But one thing still remained.The dandelion was still in his hand. It was the brightest colored dandelion Jake had ever seen.Almost as if something were making it glow,or even glisten being in his presence.
"Who was that old man?And how did this end up in my hand?"Jake placed the dandelion on the basin.The second it touched the marble basin it turned to ash. Jake left the bathroom and joined his family in the kitchen.
"Good morning dad."Chimed the two kids,Ted and Eliza.
"Good morning my little rascals."Jake lifted Eliza off her seat and hugged her tightly."How is my little princess today?"
"Don't forget you have two kids."Laughed Janice.
Jake turned his attention to Ted."How are you son?"
"Good."
"Ever since you turned 14,you have never been the same."
"Yeah,it's called growing up."Ted stood up and left the room.
"What is with that kid?"
"He is getting his own personality Jake,you should know that by now."
"I do,"Jake walked over to Janice and hugged her."but does it have to be this hard?"
"Raising kids is never easy."
Eliza stood up and placed her bowl of cereal on the bench.She skipped merrily down the hallway and out of sight. Jake felt a sense of sadness at the thought of losing his daughter to time.Who hadn't lost their children to time?
"It's nearly time for you to go to work."Janice picked up Jake's jacket and threw it at him."Quickly have something to eat before you go."
As Jake left for the front door,he grabbed a piece of toast for the journey.By the time he got to the car and drove off,the toast had gone cold.It was almost like trying to eat a rock. But it mattered little to Jake.All he knew was that he had to go to work and that was that. But that very day would have something planned. Something to change the world.


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on July 24, 2014
Last Updated on July 30, 2014
Tags: religion, horror, action, adventure, doom


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay