prologue

prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

This is where it all begins.The end of the world

"
The world has always seen the balance between good and evil.It always will.But then there were civilizations that predicted the end of the world or their own little group.These ones were more right than first believed. The Mayan's had a calendar which suddenly stopped,this caused massive amounts of fear throughout the modern world.It ushered in a new age where people were more aware of danger and superstition. But when the date that the calendar ended on, passed without anything actually happening, mankind fell blind to obvious danger.
The truth of the matter is this.We all laughed about the whole world ending in 2012.The calendar had been misinterpreted.It was actually read being the 24th of December 2014. The correct date was set but never read properly.And now the end of days is upon mankind,ever so blind to hear the ticking of the clock to Armageddon.
Scientists from America are in Karakum,Turkmenistan.They were called by the government here which had picked up strange readings coming from the Derweze(the door to hell). It had the scientists in their own country worried as an element not on the periodic table,was suddenly pouring out from within the Derweze.
A quarantine zone was built around the giant pit to prevent the toxic fumes from escaping into the atmosphere. It was top of the line equipment used to contain the unexplained element.
An older male walked through the entrance of the quarantine zone.He was bald but had a few small patches of white hair.He walked over to another scientist who was taking new readings on a specially designed  computer, which could show how much toxicity was being released.
"What are the latest readings?" 
The second scientist was holding onto a piece of paper with all of the latest tests.He was a younger scientist compared to the older male.
"You need to take a look at these Mr Burtcham."
Mr Burtcham was the older male.He took hold of the papers and saw the results."How is this possible?"
"I don't know sir.But the readings are quite concerning."
"You think I don't know that?! By the looks of these results,the toxic fumes could eat through the quarantine zone within a few short hours."Mr Burtcham flicked a switch which turned on a microphone.The scientists had built a platform leading down into the pit but only just.The microphone crackled and the sounded.
"Sir?"
"Not now boy." Mr Burtcham took a deep breath before speaking."You men need to take good care whilst inside of the pit.The toxic levels are rising so we could expect severe damage to take place."
The men down in the pit were wearing hazard suits.They both looked up at the observation window and did thumbs up.
"Why do we take orders from that guy?" One of the two men complained.
"If we want to have a job when we get back to America,I say shut up and do what is told."
"Somebody likes to bend over the barrel."
"Shut up.Don't you know what this place is?"
"A giant hole in the ground."
"The people here say it is the gate to hell...They fear coming to this place and now suddenly,the pit is leaking a gas never heard of before.Do you think it is coincidence?"
"You're not going to become all paranoid on me are you?" 
The second scientist suddenly became more quiet than before."This place...I've seen things."
"Like what?"
"Demons."
"Demons?"
"They exist my friend...The devil...god...they both exist.This place is unholy my friend,we must be careful."
"Or what will happen?The devil will come and get us?"The first scientist walked off laughing.
"Yes.He will."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on July 11, 2014
Last Updated on July 24, 2014
Tags: religion, horror, action, adventure, doom


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay