chapter 12

chapter 12

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

The end is so very close Michael can almost taste it.But now he must save Mark if he wishes to save the earth

"
Michael sprinted up the steps in the staircase leading up to the top floor of the building.Once he made it to the final floor,he found Mark being forced to open a safe.
"Mark!"
"Michael!Help!"
The creatures were holding Mark at gun point."You two,take care of the reject.I'm going to keep this one busy looking for the switch."
Michael grinned from ear to ear."Are you sure you want to do this?"
The two creatures looked each other in the eye and laughed."We are sure."
Michael did something of which the bigger creature could only see a small light over their shoulders. Both creatures dropped on the ground dead with burn marks in their chests.
"Stay back!!!" The creature held Mark at gun point by his throat."If you want you this waste of space to continue living, back away now."
"Just go Michael...I've made a mess of things as it is."
"No.Nobody else dies today." Michael caught flame,something of which was different. His body was devoured by blue flame.
"I will kill him!!"

"No.Not this time."Michael held his hand out in front of him, his palm flat in mid air.A ball of blue flame shot out from his hand ripping through the creatures frontal lobe.The hole went right through to the other side.
Mark caught his breath."Why did you save me?"
"Enough said. Push the damn button."
Mark opened the safe and pulled out a small remote control with a red button on it. He held his thumb over it for a moment before finally pressing it. And one by one, the creatures all over the globe began to drop like flies. Finally, the carnage was over.
Michael made his way to the ground floor and outside.He walked over to Alexia's bloody corpse,slowly pulling her up in his arms to cradle her.
"I'm sorry I couldn't save you Alexia,but he was right."Michael turned his attention to Mark."Everything I touch turns to hell."
"Listen...I didn't mean what I said...I was doing and saying this because of the bad that had fallen upon my family."
"No Mark,you are right.All I touch dies." A lone tear ran down Michael's face."Look at her."
"Please Michael..."
"No...I can never have a life where anything good takes place."
"What do you mean?"
"You."
"Me?"
"You could take my place.Take my place, fight for this world,redeem yourself."
"I could never take your place."
"I place all of my powers,all of my super human abilities,to you." Michael's body began to glow a bright blue color.He finally let go.
"What's happening?!"
The blue light swarmed around Mark like a small tornado. The light engulfed his body and latched on tightly. All Mark was able to feel was a warm sensation smothering every part of his body. The blue light began to form more like veins across Mark's body more than actual light. The veins grew longer and longer across his body before every part of him was blue.
"I...I can feel..." Mark shut his eyes as he floated up in the air. The light was making a stream leading from Michael to Mark.
Michael fell on his knees once the light disappeared.A smile spread across his face in happiness.He watched as the last of the light was absorbed by Mark's  body.
"I place this gift upon you now Mark. You now have the power to protect this world,make it right again. You also bare the one mark not visible to others.My name."
"I have your name?"
"Go forth and protect this world as I would." Michael was becoming more and more visibly see through.Within a minute or so, his entire body was gone along with his clothes. He was finally at peace.


© 2015 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

read at own risk

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on June 18, 2014
Last Updated on February 3, 2015
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay