chapter 10

chapter 10

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Michael now faces a hard decision

"
Michael fell faster and faster towards the ground.Mark suddenly spun free from Michael's grasp.He made a crouch pose just as his hover board flew underneath him.
"Maybe next time old man!" Mark flew off laughing.
"Oh s**t!"Michael threw a sticky grappling hook at an edge of the building and swung to safety."That was close."
"Not as close as this is going to be!" Mark flew in front of Michael who was standing on the edge of the building.He had smashed through a window which made his ultimately land inside of the building. Mark was holding somebody against their own will.It was Alexia.
"Alexia!"
"Michael!"
"How touching.Looks like the two freaks have a bond." Mark was holding a strange sword to her throat."Make a choice Michael!You or her!"
Michael stared at his hands and closed his eyes."Forgive me."
"I knew you were too selfish to sacrifice yourself for the sake of another! That is why my family ended up humiliated and you did not!"
"Why punish her for something that isn't her fault?!"
"She got you here!My grandparents made her the way she is so she could be at this very moment!"
Alexia tried to struggle with Mark but he was too strong.He had her by her throat with the sword."Don't worry about me Michael!"
"Don't worry about me Michael.Boohoohoo! Time for the Sheppard to cull his flock!"
"No!Let her live,take me instead!"
Mark grinned from ear to ear."I knew it.You do like her!"
"It's true.I have never come across a woman with power before.It's refreshing."
Now Mark chuckled."Too bad." He let go of Alexia sending her plummeting towards the ground.
"No!"Michael dove off the edge in an effort to catch her."Hang on Alexia!" He tried to fall faster but was cut off when Mark flew down and smacked him with his board,sending Michael flying through a window and back inside of the building. Michael got up and ran to to broken window where he saw Alexia's lifeless body laying on the ground in a pool of blood.
"Alexia!!!"
"Even though you liked her she still died.Don't you get it yet Michael?Whenever you are around,everything goes to hell!"
Michael began to breathe heavily."You are going to pay for this you son of a b***h!" He ran and jumped through the air colliding with Mark.They both struggled about while in mid air but eventually fell off.
"Get off me!!!"
"Not until  you are dead!" Michael wrapped his arms round Mark's throat choking him into position."You little piece of s**t!" They both fell to the ground creating a small crater. Michael was the first to stand up.
"You think this is over?"Mark got to his feet but looked like he was drunk."This isn't over by a long shot."
"It's over."
Mark gritted his teeth together."You think you're so much better than the rest of us because you have powers?!Well guess what,you aren't!"
"I never thought that and I never will.I am sorry for what your family went through but it was never my intention for it to happen.I had no idea,nor did I plan to die while I was gone."
"Bullshit."
"No."Michael turned round and faced Mark."All I want right now is to finally rest.I was forced out of heaven to attend to this mess you made."
"So what?"
"I have suffered long enough,why can't I just sleep?"
"You seem...honest."
"Because I want sleep.To finally rest."
"I...I didn't know."
"Nobody ever does." Michael shrugged his shoulders."The war is over.Kill all of the creatures.Now."
"I have a device in the office I work in."
"Go and get it."
"I truly am sorry for this..."
"I couldn't care less right now.Just get up there and use the damn device."
A group of creatures came out of nowhere and hit Mark on the back of the head knocking him out. Then one came forth and spoke.It was bigger than the rest.It was part human,lizard,bird,insect,and many other creatures.
"Nobody is going to be doing anything."
"Let him go!"
"You men have your orders.Take him to his office so he can get the device for us.This war is never going to end unless we are the victors."
"That will never happen."
"And who is going to stop us?You?" The creature laughed."Your a fallen mortal with nothing left to live for."
"That may be so but I still have the power to kill you."
"Shall we have a fight to the death then?Because I have been waiting for your return for a very long time."
"This will be my last fight."
"Then let us fight."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on June 10, 2014
Last Updated on June 12, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay