chapter 8

chapter 8

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Michael has learnt of the foe trying to get to him but has no idea who it is.Whoever it is also has a hold over Alexia and his son,Thomas.He needs to figure out who it is before all hope is lost.

"
Michael and Alexia climbed out of the crater using their smoke powers.Once on he surface again,Michael set up a plan of action.
"I need you to take me to whoever is in charge of this assault."
"I never met him."
"Do not lie to me Alexia.Tell me who he is."
"I just get messages through this communicator,nothing else." Alexia pulled out the communicator and handed it to Michael.
"Well what do we have here?"Michael saw on the back of it was a symbol."I have seen this insignia before."
"You have?"
"Yes but it is impossible.The people who own this insignia have been dead for over a hundred years now."
"So the guy doing all of this is to a family that existed over a hundred years ago?"
"Yes.How could one of them have survived?"
"They do own the biggest military industry in the world.They have been funding this war now for the past hundred years."
"Hundred?I thought you said fifteen days ago."
"They arrived in this city fifteen days ago.They have been attacking the planet for a hundred years Michael.That's roughly how long you were gone for."
"Then I need to get to the guy responsible for all of this."
"The main head quarters for the industry is not far from here.I will take you there."
Michael used the smoke power to get on top of a building.Once there he could see a perfect view of the city and the building he was looking for.It sat directly across from him,only a few hundred meters away.And it had not been touched by the on going war.
"I take it that that big building is the main place?"
"Yes.The building has never been touched."
"I wonder why." Michael jumped down onto the ground and began making his way across town square.Town square was literally a huge concrete square with trees,grass,and shrubs.It was massive but not the center of the town. Michael made his way across the town square heading towards the building he had set out to find.On the front of the building was the insignia of a dove holding  a sword in its beak.
"So you really think Mark is in there?"
"I do."Michael took one step forward and was quickly and severely electrocuted by an invisible force.He was thrown through the air and landed on his a*s."Jesus!"
Alexia ran over to Michael and helped him to his feet."Are you okay?"
"Yeah,"Michael looked at the building."but there appears to be some kind of force field surrounding the entire building."
"So how do we break through it?"
"Pass me the communicator."Alexia passed it to Michael."Were you meant to meet him at some point?"
"Yes."
"Then he would had to have given you a key to access the building."Michael held the communicator out in front of him."Like so."He pushed the communicator through the force field.The device passed through untouched and unscathed.
"How did you know that would work?"
"A hunch." Michael took hold of Alexia's hand and led her through the force field.Once on the inside of it,both Michael and Alexia walked to the main entrance."Hang on...what's that..."Michael turned to his left and saw something flying towards them."Get down!"He pushed Alexia out of the way then himself dodged whatever it was flying towards them.
What looked like a giant pair of toe nail scissors with an end that ended in a tip but was slightly curved up.It literally looked like a pair of toe nail scissors but without being able to open.On top of it was a person wearing some kind of orange armor with the dove insignia on the chest.
"I take it you are Mark Overman."Michael exclaimed.
The helmet on the persons head suddenly opened like two sliding doors opening.The helmet was curved so when it opened up,the two pieces slid behind the person head.There on top of the silver board was Mark Overman.
"Michael Ablestine.The man I so wanted to meet." Mark smiled at Michael."Do you know how long I have wanted you dead?"
"Why do you want me dead?"
"Over a century ago you left earth to go and find who gave you your powers.When you never came back my grand parents were heart broken.You had promised them insight in a world outside of ours."
"I couldn't help dying."
"Shut up!"Mark flashed his teeth at Michael."My grand parents became a laughing stock because you failed to keep your end of the bargain.Because of you they almost lost everything!And when it came to my parents taking over the business,they too prayed for your return."
"Why have so much faith in me?"
"They needed your help one day when an experiment went rogue.They died because you weren't there to protect them!"
"So all of this is because of what ruined your family?"
"My grand parents came up with a way to make it big again.They secretly funded a program to enhance the human body by fusing living subjects with other organisms."Mark used the hover board to circle Michael slowly."Their experiments were a success!They managed to create a new species strong enough to survive hundreds of years."
"So they were released to wait for my return?"
"Yes.But there was a miscalculation on how long that would take.You didn't come back which messed up the time line,the outcome,certain doom."Mark began to laugh hysterically."Everything that stands before you now is your fault!Even Ms Alexia here is the way she is because of you."
Michael's ears pricked up."What?!" He turned to Alexia and saw she had her gun pointing at his face."What is he talking about?"
"You didn't tell him?Too bad.You see,she was dying from a type of radiation not found on this earth.A chunk of dark matter crystal fell to earth not long after you left for space.Once it fell to earth it destroyed city after city,poor Alexia being struck by its unforgiving toxins."
"So me destroying that planet also caused her death?"
"She almost died but was lucky enough to be part of the splicing project.She came after the creatures though,my grand parents saved her.She is over a hundred years old!She can not die!"
"So you were apart of this whole set up?"
"Yes she was.And now it is tine for you to die yet again!" Mark held his hand out over the hover board allowing a samurai sword made out of dark matter crystal to launch into his grasp."Time for a sad farewell."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
Added on May 13, 2014
Last Updated on May 14, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay