chapter 7

chapter 7

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Michael has met his son after years have passed,but there are high tensions between the two as Thomas feels hurt and betrayed.

"
Thomas pulled back on Michael's neck to the point of breaking."Any last words father?"
"Don't do this Thomas!This isn't you!"
"Oh but it is father!Ever since you let me die in that fallen base,I came to realize that nobody matters in your life but yourself!There is never enough space for people like me,your own son!"
Michael turned his arm in to crystal form once more.The blade of the crystal sword cut Thomas's open forcing him to let go."Forgive me my son."Michael jumped to his feet then while Thomas was on his knees in pain,he plunged the sword deep into Thomas's stomach.The force and blow was enough to make him curl over.
"You never loved me."Cried Thomas,a single tear running down his cheek.
"I always have Thomas...I just hope that one day you can realize that." Michael removed the sword then turned his arm back to normal."I can never forgive myself for what happened to you Thomas,but I know it wasn't my fault."
Thomas fell forward on the ground with his face buried in the dirt."I will never forgive you..."He died.
Michael got to his feet with anger in his heart."Why are you doing this to me?!!!"He screamed up at the sky."Is my torture never enough for you that you have to bring my son into it?!"Michael fell on his knees."Is my ever lasting curse never enough?"
Alexia appeared next to him."What happened?"She saw Thomas's body."Who is that?"
"My son."
"But he died years ago..."
"He was in a cage.This is the form he lives with now."
Alexia knew who had brought him back to life."I never thought..."
"Never thought what?"
"Nothing."
Michael ran up along side Alexia."Hold up.You know something more than you are letting on."
"No."
"Yes you do."Michael grabbed her by her arm."Tell me!"
Alexia turned into black smoke and spiraled round Michael,tackling him to the ground with one arm pulled back behind his head."Do not give me orders!"
"I wasn't! I just need to know what is really going on."
Going against her best judgement,Alexia released Michael from her grip."Okay."She let out a deep breath and skipped a couple of steps."You need to know what is going on."
"Thank you."
"There is a man name Mark Overman.He set me out to find you."
"Why?"
"I'm not sure."
"Don't bullshit me!" Michael stopped when he saw his hands were charged with energy orbs."Sorry."
"It's okay.I know what it is like wanting answers.The idea of not knowing sits in the back of your mind like an unwanted guest."
"You wouldn't know."
"I do."
"No,you don't.I live with the fact of not knowing why I was chosen to have these powers."
"The dark crystal beings did."
"Yes,but who made them choose me?"
"I remember my fight.I was forcibly taken from the streets one day and stabbed with syringes over and over.The next thing I was thrown into a room full of fire and smoke.The pain,the burning...it all hurt so much."
"I'm sorry for what happened."
"Then when the men in suits came and collected me I was changed.I could somehow use smoke as a weapon and an escape.I killed all of my captors."
"You killed them all?"
"Don't act so innocent Michael.Everyone knows how many people you have killed in order to save this world."
"I did it to save an entire planet not a single life."
"Try to justify all you want,at the end of the day it is still murder."
Michael stared down at his hands."I...your right."
"Don't take it so personally Michael.We all have things we have done that we aren't proud of."
"Yes but all of my efforts led to my families death."
Alexia walked up to Michael and kissed him."Just shut up already." She kissed Michael for a full minute before letting him go."I have always had a thing for you Michael.Once I got my powers I swore that I would help protect this world in anyway that I could."
"And you are."
"Yes."
"Then what has happened in the past is nothing.We all have battles Alexia,but the best ones are ahead of us not behind."
"Yeah." Alexia turned away from Michael and wept a single tear."But my past is something you should never know."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on May 12, 2014
Last Updated on May 13, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay