chapter 2

chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Michael is now on earth and must venture out and find out what is going on if he ever wants to return to heaven

"
Michael wandered through the never ending valley.His mind was turning to mush just thinking of how much farther he would have to travel before arriving at an civilization.But as he was walking he got the feeling he was being followed,so he quickly and quietly hid behind a rather large rock. Just as he was about to give up on catching his pursuer,Michael saw that in fact it was a woman.She was dressed in a black cat suit(thief suit,not actual cat).She was holding a large gun that looked real scientific more than anything else.
"Where are you?"The woman was talking to herself.
Michael looked around and found a random piece of metal laying on the ground.The edges of it made it perfectly in to a sword.He waited just for a second for the woman to walk past the rock before making his move.As she passed the rock,Michael swung the metal so it reached her throat forcing her to stop.
"Who are you?Why are you following me?" Michael demanded.
"My name is Alexia.I have been searching for you for a long time."
"Why me?"
"I know who you are.Your name is Michael Ablestine,the worlds greatest super hero."
"You have me confused with someone else."Michael pulled the metal from Alexia's and started to walk off.
"I need your help!"
"Tell that to someone who cares."
"You are seeking answers as to why it was you that was chosen to have your powers!"
"How do you know that?" Michael turned to her."Tell me,what do you know?"
"In time I will tell you,but for now you must promise me to listen."
"I have listened to a lot of bullshit in my life,the nonsense you want to speak is nothing."
"I know who it was that decided it was you that was chosen."
"You know why I was chosen?"
"Yes."Alexia vanished in a mist of black smoke."But you will have to earn the truth.Come now,follow me.There is a city not far from here that is under siege."
Michael saw a trail of black smoke leading through a specific area of rocks so he followed.He made his way quickly through the never ending maze so he wouldn't lose Alexia's bread crumb trail.He eventually came to a huge gate that had two watch towers on each side.The gate was huge and golden.
"Trail followed,now tell me what I need to know."
Alexia appeared on top of one of the watch towers.She was sitting on the ledge with her legs crossed at her feet."Trail followed but not to what you need to see."
"What is it that I need to see?"
"Come."
The gates opened inwards letting Michael inside.Once inside,Michael now bared witness to what he was being shown.A huge city was under attack from an unknown force.Fires were burning,gun fire was ringing out,and strange creatures were crawling all over the city.
"My god.What are they?"
Alexia appeared next to Michael."We don't know.All we know is that fifteen days ago they appeared and started their onslaught.The reason why though is a mystery."
"Is this city hiding something?"
"No.It is a holy city."
"Explain the military then."
"You have been gone for a long time now Michael,things have changed."
"I know."
"You act as if you don't care anymore.What has happened to you?"
Michael frowned."I was betrayed."
"By who?"
"I was at rest but was expelled because this world is not finished with me."
"Are you saying..."
"God sent me back without consent.I need to take care of this mess then head back to heaven to claim my reward...And have my revenge."
"In this city Michael,it is rumored that there is a gate or a portal.This can not be opened by any ordinary person though,they must have been touched by heavens light first."
"Then that is my task.I will take care of this matter then find the portal.God rejected me and I will have my revenge against him."
"There are more important things at stake than revenge."
"Let me guess,the earth?"
"Yes.This world needs you Michael,don't forget that."
"How can I when I get reminded of it every few seconds?I am tired of this saving the world bullshit,when do I get to rest?"
"Rest is for the weak."
"Are you trying to call me weak?!" Michael grabbed Alexia by her throat and lifted her off the ground."Do not call me weak." He dropped her.
Alexia coughed as she stood up."What happened to you?"
"I changed."
"For what?"
"I don't know."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on May 7, 2014
Last Updated on May 9, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay