chapter 3: The end is...s**t

chapter 3: The end is...s**t

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Michael is wanted by the very people he once protected and served.But now things are going from bad to worse

"
Michael stood on top of a hill that over looked the cliff port.It was huge shipping port that was linked to the cliffs nearby.They were all linked together to create a more sufficient shipping system. A man carrying a briefcase,walked past Michael so he followed in close pursuit.Michael followed him all the way to a hovercopter with already set coordinates.He climbed inside and let the auto pilot do the rest.
The hovercopter traveled south of the port and remained hovering over a flat piece of ocean."What could possibly be here?" Then,out of nowhere,a huge structure began to raise up out of the ocean.It looked like this.

To properly understand what it looks like,turn the picture sideways. It towered as high as the empire state building and the width of a block of buildings.
Michael was hovering nowhere near the top so he took auto pilot off.He then flew all the way to the top of it and jumped.When he landed he was standing inside of the drill.At the top where the gap was,there were two bridges leading to the center of the drill.In the center was a round platform big enough to house at least a small village.
"Who built this thing?"As Michael spoke,the drill began to rotate and spin round and round.As the picture shows,the drill sections spin in  different directions.So when they started spinning it made an impressive look.
Out from the top a figure came slamming down into the dead center.They were crouched down to recover from the fall."You will not stop me."
"Show me your face coward."
The person stood up to reveal it was the crystal creature."Glad to see you again..."The face of the crystal began to open like two curved doors.Inside revealed the face."Father."
"Thomas."
"I am not as you recall."
"No."
"You left me for dead in that place.You left without trying."
"I did try."
"No!I escaped and saw you leaving.Do you know how much that hurt?!"Thomas's body was still encased in the crystal.His hands began to glow purple."I am going to have my revenge!"
"I did try to help you but it was too late!"
"Really?"
"Yes."
"Well,then I guess we had better turn this thing off before it rips the earth apart." Thomas turned from Michael only to spin round a second later and fire a beam of dark matter energy at him
Michael dodged the attack by rolling left."What the hell?"
"Give up!You've already lost." Thomas's suit of dark matter crystal changed.It became more bulky like armor."Now you will feel the pain I felt for the past few years." Thomas jumped from the center and landed in a different spot whilst firing a dark matter blast at Michael.
Michael managed to dodge them all. Then once Thomas landed back in the center of the room again,he made his move."Now it is my turn!"Michael ran up to Thomas and punched him in the stomach which made the armor crack then fall off altogether.
"No!"
Michael then did and uppercut on Thomas that was charged with an energy blast.Thomas flew in the air before landing on the ground."Give up Thomas!" A large cylindrical chamber popped up out from the center.It was the power core for the drill.Michael fired an energy blast at it.
"No!" Thomas jumped back into the center forcing it back into its place beneath the surface.Then everything began to shake."Your too late father,the drill is ready.It is now firing a beam 1000 times stronger than anything you have ever come across."
"Then you leave me no choice."
Thomas raised his hands over the fallen armor and made his hands glow with purple orbs."Rise!" The armor rose to its feet as if some life form were inside of it."Kill him!"
The armor marched towards Michael creating small tremors as it walked.As it got close to Michael and swung its right arm at him,he dodged out of the way then threw a fire blast at it. The armor froze on the spot.
"I've had enough of these games!"Thomas began to hurdle energy blasts in the air allowing them to cascade towards the ground below. All of them were evaded by Michael."God damn it!Just die!"
Michael grew tired."Enough of this!" The armor started moving again.It swung at him once more but did not anticipate on him ducking then using one leg to kick it.As it stumbled backwards,Michael grabbed it by its arms,spun it round in a full 360 degrees then let it go.The armor crashed in to Thomas forcing him off the power cores lid. The power core shot up making it vulnerable once more.
"Get off me!" Yelled Thomas,trying so hard to force the armor off.
Michael threw an fire blast at the power core like a baseball. Smoke and sparks shot out of the power core signifying it was heavily damaged."It is almost over."
Thomas let off an explosion of dark matter to get the armor off."No more!" He sprinted over to Michael and punched him in the head.Once weakened,Thomas grabbed hold of Michael and began to spin him around.He let go of him sending him flying in to the railing that surrounded the inner platform."You always were weak father,now I'm going to put and end to you because of it!"
Michael got up and limped towards the power core."Come on." He whispered.
"You just don't learn do you?" Thomas aimed one arm at Michael and fired a huge charge of electricity at him.Michael was electrocuted making him fall on the ground."I can use the energy that has been made to give myself strength!" Thomas raised his arms high in the air allowing lightning to strike him,thus absorbing it within himself for more power.
"You will not win my son." Michael got up and threw one last blast at the power core.The power cores casing blew up sending electricity shooting everywhere.The drill began to quake.
"What do you hope to accomplish father?A more horrifying death for yourself?Or do you have something to prove?!"
Michael slowly made his way to one of the bridges that led outside of the drill.But as he went to cross it,Thomas destroyed it with one blast of energy."Damn it Thomas!Do you want both of us to die?!" The bridge collapsed down into the drill and was ripped apart,but there was a  small piece of it still hanging to the outer of the drill.Michael ran and jumped over to it,clinging on for dear life.
"This is not over by a long shot!" 
The drill begins to explode rapidly.Fire and electricity fire off in multiple directions.Then finally as Michael dives into the ocean below,the entire drill explodes.Then once its stops blowing up it crashes down into the ocean where it first lay.Of course,Michael managed to avoid being sucked under. He swam to shore and pulled himself to safety as the sinking drill created loads of vacuums in the water.
Michael stands on the shore line looking out over the ocean,sadness filling his body."My son.I am sorry for what happened,but now you can at least rest in peace." He begins his long trek back to civilization to clear his name and continue to protect the earth.


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

this was a continuation from darkness days part 3 where Thomas disappeared so it is only short. but let me know what you thought of it

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on March 21, 2014
Last Updated on March 21, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay