chapter 1:Nightmares

chapter 1:Nightmares

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Michael has been tortured in his dreams since the accident involving the death of his son.What do they mean and how will they influence his decisions?

"
"Come on Thomas!" Michael ran towards the exit of the fortress.He stopped at the exit just as an explosion forced him out and down onto the cliff ledge below.He looked up and could see the fortress erupting in explosions."Hurry up!"
Thomas got to his feet."I'm coming!"
Michael witnessed the fortress erupt in one final explosion before it began to drop out of the sky.It fell faster than he remembered it.But as he was watching it fall from the sky,Thomas came flying out of the exit hurtling towards him.There was blood,fire,and burnt flesh all over him.
"Thomas?"
"Aaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!"
Michael woke up in bed sweating up a storm."Jesus!!" He sat forward waking Janice from her sleep.
"Another nightmare?"
"Yes but this time it was a little different.Thomas died in a new way to the other dream."
"You need to talk to someone Michael.Thomas died over three years ago."
"Your right."
Morning rose over Zitopia bringing the new dawn of the day.Michael had gotten up early and headed off into town to go and see a psychiatrist.He knew of a place that could take memories from you so you no longer had to  remember what it was that was haunting you.Michael went inside a building that looked long abandoned.This place was secretive.He walked inside of it and saw that there were dozens of machines,test tubes,and other various types scientific equipment.
"Can I help you?" A female nurse was sitting in a chair.She was dressed in scrubs.
"Ah,yeah.I need something taken away."
"Like what?"
"A memory that haunts me still.It has been three years and I still can't sleep properly."
"Fine.Step into this chamber and we shall get started."
Michael walked over to what looked like a containment chamber.It was cylindrical and stood from the top of the room to the bottom."So what will this do?Take away the nightmares?"
The nurse walked over to a switch board."No.This is going to take you back to the place where the nightmares originated."
"What?!But how will that help?!"
"Your going to feel a little pinch."
The chamber suddenly glowed blue nearly blinding Michael.He covered his eyes from the blinding light only to find himself now standing on the cliff that looked out over the new grand canyon.Below was the wreckage of the fortress. Dread and sadness filled him to the rim.
"Why am I here?" He went down the same path he had three years earlier and found the passage of rock to be cleared completely."I hope this..."He froze when he saw that the destroyed fortress had been  rebuilt in some strange manor.It now looked like a pyramid with spike protruding out from the corners.From top to bottom.It had been rebuilt but by whom? He entered the fortress through the doors he had left from three years ago,discovering that all inside had been hollowed out.Inside now was a testing chamber.
"What is this place?"Michael marveled.He walked over to a testing chamber just like the nurses one except for the fact that there were two of them side by side."Who could have done this?" He spun round when he heard footsteps.He was thrown inside one of the testing chambers with the door locked.Outside of it stood what looked like a werewolf.
"So glad you asked." Green lights flicked on illuminating the entire place,following the whisper like voice.
"Who is there?"
Out from behind a test chamber stepped a humanoid figure but it was made entirely out of dark matter crystal.The crystal was in this case black."You won't remember me but I do remember you.It has been a long time since we last talked."
"Who are you?"
"The same questions as always.Do you heroes ever come up with anything original?"
"Get to the point."
"I am going to kill you as revenge for one of your mistakes.I never use to have this body but when you messed things up...well..lets just say that I evolved."
"Evolved into what?A freak?"
"You could call it that." The crystal creature walked over to a switch on the wall."This is going to hurt.A lot." It pulled the switch forcing machines to power up.Inside of the chamber began to shine brightly with red light.
Michael charged and energy blast and made the chamber explode.Both him and the creature went flying across separate sides of the room."Time to get some answers."But when he got up the creature was gone.Michael panicked when electricity fired across the room causing explosions so he took off out of the fortress.He ran up the path and on top of the cliff again just as the fortress blew up in to smithereens.
A blue button on Michael's belt was blinking.It was sending out a distress signal to Zitopia for immediate extraction.Once picked up,Michael sat in his seat to rest."God damn."
"So why are you out here?" Called the pilot.
"I was teleported here by a shrink to try and clear up old history."
"What is there name?"
"Christine."
"Impleton?"
"Yeah."Michael remember."I killed her husband years ago."
"Do you think she might have something to do with what you found?"
"Thomas wasn't there.He must have escaped safely."
"I'll take you home."
"Thanks." Now Michael's mind wandered.


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,share,enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on March 21, 2014
Last Updated on March 21, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay