chapter 5:Assault

chapter 5:Assault

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Thomas has been through hell and back.All hope on earth is lost as Mechanoid gains ground.Time is short as Mechanoid readies to unleash his final plan.

"
"How have I been gone a month?"
"We don't know.The guy flying the hovercopter that took you to Sanctuary said you parachuted in but after that nobody knows."
"What has been happening in my absence?"
"All hope is lost."
"Why?"
"Our ruler is killing us."
"Ruler?"
"Mechanoid is planning to wipe us all out with one attack."
"But then he'd have nothing to rule."
"His fortress in the sky is impenetrable,there is nothing we can do."
"I will end this before all is lost."Thomas got up and ran outside.What he saw horrified him.Everywhere around him was a war zone.Plants were dead,houses destroyed,the sky was fire red,and skeletons littered the streets."My god."
A man wearing armor ran over to him."You've returned!But maybe too late."
Thomas grabbed him by his armor."Hope is still strong.I can end this before all is lost."
"That's awesome.But how do you plan on getting inside of the fortress?"
"Can you get me close enough?"
"We would get shot out of the sky."
"Then get me as close as you can before being shot down,I should be able to free fall into it."
"Your crazy." There was a brief moment of feeling uncomfortable."But I love it."
A big smile appeared on Thomas's face.Within a few minutes he was in a hovercopter flying towards the Sky Fortress for the final assault.They couldn't get too close but they went higher than the fortress itself.Then once he was ready,Thomas dove out of the hovercopter and began to free fall.The wind rushed past him as well as clouds,each of them making it hard to see where he was going.But in the final few seconds of falling,Thomas shot a sticky grappling hook to latch onto the edge of the fortress and smashed through a window.
Glass scattered all over the place as Thomas rolled on the ground inside of Mechanoid's throne room."Time's up!"
"So the wanna be hero joins us at last.Are you here to watch the earth burn?"
"I'm here to free the earth."
"I doubt that."
"Oh I am."
"Then shall we bring in daddy?"
Michael walked into the room."I thought I killed that thing."
"Time to lift the curtain."Mechanoid waved his hand in the air lifting the curse off Michael's eyes.
"Thomas?"
"Look.Isn't this one big happy reunion?"
"I killed you..."

"Daddy killed his own son.How is it you returned from the dead?"
"I had a little help."
"Lucifer.Hmmm...No matter,it will not stop me." Mechanoid pulled out a control and pushed a button.From the ceiling lowered what appeared to be a mirror."Witness my greatest creation so far.
Michael knew what it was."The time window."
"Yes."
"How did he create that?"
"The sword."
"Yes,the sword.And now I am going to use the time window to go back and undo all my failures!And most importantly kill you before you are born!"
Thomas threw an energy blast at the time window making it shatter."So much for that."
"No!!!"Mechanoid turned to Thomas."You will pay for this!" He pulled the god blade out from arm of the throne.
"You shall not hurt my son!" Michael used an air blast to push him back against the throne.He then ran over to Mechanoid after throwing air blast after air blast,then grabbed the sword and pinned him to the throne."I told you,you would not hurt him."Michael backed off.
"You think this is over just because of your little games?"Mechanoid ripped the sword out of its place and got up.He pulled out a small detonator."I haven't lost yet!"
"Run Thomas!" The button was pushed starting a countdown sequence. Both Michael and Thomas fled.They ran to the main entrance of the facility and saw nothing but cloud below them."Go!" An explosion forced Michael out of the door and sending him falling onto the ledge of a cliff.He now stood over a gorge.All of it was golden.He looked up at the fortress in concern that his son had not yet surfaced.Thomas had fallen behind only a little.
Thomas was making his way through the building just as the final numbers counted down.And just as the building erupted in wild explosions,it fell right before Michael's eyes.All Michael saw was the building fall literally meters from him with Thomas standing behind a piece of collapsed roof.It blocked his path.
"No!!!!" Michael watched in horror as the fortress fell into the gorge below and finally blew up in a massive explosion. He managed to find a stable path leading down to the inferno but was stopped when some rubble fell in front of him stopping him from advancing."Please have made it out." 
Seconds turned to a full minute before hope was lost."Thomas,"Whispered Michael"god no,Thomas."He fell on his knees and began to cry tears of rage."Thomas!!!" He made his way back up onto the cliff overlooking the wreckage.Wiping away one final tear he said his last words."Good bye my son.May you rest in peace." He walked off leaving the burning wreckage sitting in the newly formed Grand Canyon.


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

I hope you enjoyed this short series of darkness days,but there will be more to come.Please let me know what you thought of this as I would love to hear.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on March 20, 2014
Last Updated on March 20, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay